Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Social] Real Time "Listen with Friend(s)"

There ought to be a feature where I can click on a friend and listen in real time to whatever they're listening to, not just their playlist. If they change songs, my Spotify changes with them. 

With this feature, a person could remotely DJ if they wanted, or you could just know that you and a friend are hearing the same thing at the same time. 

Updated on 2020-08-04

Hi everyone!

We're happy to announce that this feature has now been implemented.

You now have the option to join a remote Group Session with all your friends and enjoy the same tracks simultaneously no matter how many miles apart you might be.

For more information be sure to check out our Newsroom article and our Support site page

Comments
tirianazter

Would love this so much 😄

m-t

With remote work being commonplace with current situations with Covid 19, this feature allows teams to hang out via Zoom, play the team playlist, and work. This is a feature add to collaborative playlists for the workplace.

Malkus

working remotly in these corona times It would be fantastic to push this functionality. Having a digital afterwork would cheer things up

oliviawaller

Spotify, with social distancing happening around the world, this would be an ideal time to release social listening. It could really help those in isolation feel connected!

Schmills

It is simply unfathomable that Spotify has not realised that this idea would be the best thing right now. 

rafg

In this time of social distancing, this feature would be the best way for Spotify to contribute to the pandemic. Make this feature happen!

athos252

We need this right now. it is time to implement it due to COVID-19

Aine2dublin

This needs to be a thing now. 

CORONA FESTIVAL 2020

Schmills

Can we at least get an update on this Spotify!? Two weeks into lockdown for NZ and I'm gagging for this feature.

Something like the below 2018 article......... would be great.

https://medium.com/@austincondiff/spotify-please-consider-the-following-3033e9c25cc7

brianelete

I see that a ton of people are interested in this especially now that everyone is at home during the virus times. Just a remainder, this is already implemented!! See here:  https://twitter.com/wongmjane/status/1134390000672419840?s=19. Please if you want to see this feature released, tell Spotify!

EDIT: It is not implemented right now, I meant that they have the code for it.