Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Social] Real Time "Listen with Friend(s)"

There ought to be a feature where I can click on a friend and listen in real time to whatever they're listening to, not just their playlist. If they change songs, my Spotify changes with them. 

With this feature, a person could remotely DJ if they wanted, or you could just know that you and a friend are hearing the same thing at the same time. 

Updated on 2020-08-04

Hi everyone!

We're happy to announce that this feature has now been implemented.

You now have the option to join a remote Group Session with all your friends and enjoy the same tracks simultaneously no matter how many miles apart you might be.

For more information be sure to check out our Newsroom article and our Support site page

Comments
the_doolittle

Checking in five years later. Still nothing. Discord is the closest you can come to doing this, with their listen along feature. This seems like something a lot of people want. Are there STILL no plans to add this?

thepower1989
Check out JQBX (https://www.jqbx.fm) it's definitely the best alternative
around if you're looking for something like this.
ethanfreishtat

This would be an awesome feature to use outside of your friends exclusively. For example, you could listen along with Lebron James during his pregame routine. 

caessar
you're essentially giving spotify fuel for a great marketing campaign based
on this feature, you should be paid for that idea, it sounds amazing
grantjtaylor

I want this soooo bad, this would just be all time if it could be done while my friends and I all snowboard & ski together. 

Quasyhumonoid

I think this would be best implemented in the 'Friend Activity' section on the app where you can already click to listen to the song they're listening to. Just click and start listening to the part of the song they're on and continue listening in tandem. This would make life easier for anyone who wants to listen to music with friends. 

Arcnon

Hi guys, just to let you know... There is a third party app trying to accomplish this called Vybes Music (vybes.io). It's still in an experimental phase, some bugs and such. But me and my mates use it quite often. You can basicly start a sort of radio to share with your buddies or in public and then drop music in a pool which will then 'magically' create a queue of music. Others can join your radio / Vybe and chat and recommend music.

alaroldai

Another use case I'd love here would be for game consoles - it'd be great to have the same soundtrack for e.g. everyone in an Xbox party

brambinovic

This would be brilliant. One feature I would think essential for this is that one should actively select "Host right now", as one would not always wish people to be able to listen to them.

Also, making shareable links would be an addition, as I personally dislike the "Social" aspect of Spotify.

My (similar) idea was posted here.

6x_d7-wpfxl9a

This would be a really cool thing for remote teams. You could sign up to be your company-wide office DJ for an hour and people will get to know one another better based on their music preferences.