[Social] See Friends who also listen to an Artist

This is such a bummer that you took the feature down where you click on an artist and you know which ones of your followers also listen.  This makes it harder to see which friends like the same music as you.  I want to invite some friends to a concert, but now I have to track people down who like the same band/ singer.  Bad move Spotify

Updated on 2018-02-25

Hi! Thanks for the feedback!

This is a repost of: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/Artist-Page-See-Friends-that-listened-to-this-Artist/i...

Marked as new idea :-)
/L

Comments
LeoRager
Community Legend
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2018-02-25

Hi! Thanks for the feedback!

This is a repost of: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/Artist-Page-See-Friends-that-listened-to-this-Artist/i...

Marked as new idea :-)
/L

Glitched
Casual Listener

Even if you stick it on the about page, this was an awesome feature that I'm really missing! Social is what's keeping me on spotify

Barncore
Music Fan

It was definitely one of the cooler features. I love to see if my friends have been listening to artists i listen to. Don't know why they removed it?

Spotify seems intent of removing social features every year. Music IS social. The whole underlying point of music is connection. It goes against the natural grain of the universe to remove all this social stuff. I would like to see more social features, not less. Even if you make them hard to find i'm okay with that. Social integration of music is what keeps me engaged. I want to represent my taste to others and i wanna see what other people's tastes are.

Mmbbt11

I loved being able to see which of my friends listened to similiar artists as me. This feature allowed me to find people who have the same music tastes as me and even find people to go to concerts with. Taking this feature away one of the most socially engaging features of this app and diminishes the purpose of Spotify being a SOCIAL media platform. I would love to see this feature return

RobertLoblaw
Music Fan

Expanding on my reply to another thread since I think it's relevant.

Every other platform with a social element tries to make itself more sticky by leveraging network effects but Spotify seems to be trying to rid itself of all interactions for some reason.

I'm sure they're under the impression that since removing a feature like this only raises a few comments on the Community it has no affect on the userbase but what proportion of subscribers is even a member here? And, sure, this one small change isn't likely to drive anyone away but the cumulative affect of removing useful functionality is surely going to make a difference in the end.

Examples of things I can no longer do:

• Exchange messages with friends directly with a song recommendation or playlist
  • Receive a notification when someone adds a track to a playlist (not even an email)
  • See which friends like the same artists

I would also like to receive a notification when I get a follower but not sure whether that was ever the case.

There's basically no advantage to following friends and that means there are no barriers to switching to a different service. Such a bizarre and counter-productive strategy from Spotify. 

tanz14

I think that this feature was a great way to discover which of your friends share your specific tastes in music/artists and unsure as to why the feature would be removed. This is one of the only features that I enjoyed as part of the 'social' aspects of Spotify. Please reconsider adding the feature back as it greatly enhanced the Spotify experience.

liamreese

What was the purpose of retiring this feature? Removing features like this seem limiting for no reason. Would love some transparency on the motive behind this and other awesome features that we no longer get to use! Thanks!

crematedman
Community Legend

This would be seriously cool!

mjbarrosoneto

But why do that for? In my opinion, Spotify should be way more than a streaming, it could associate a streaming platform with a social network platform, where users could create real bond with music, playlists, friends and such. Doing this, Spotify is taking one step further from connecting people. I still can remember when I visited some artist's page and realized that some of my friends were also fans. Some days after we were already planning to buy tickets for the concert together. Musical taste connects people more than you can imagine. So, maybe if you guys wanna disable this feature, why don't you offer the option for the users to choose hide their likes or not? 

Willmoors

I agree we need this feature back it is frustrating you would get rid of this