Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Make "Liked Songs" playlist shareable

Hi Spotify, is it possible to share our library playlist with others? because it will be a whole lot easier than creating a new playlist each time whenever we want to recommend a bunch of our favourite songs to others? or perhaps making our "liked Songs" playlist public? that will certainly help

Thanks!

Updated on 2020-12-07

Hey everyone,
We appreciate you coming to the Community, and adding your votes and comments to this idea.
We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement.
If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.
Thanks.

Comments
rhapsody_brj

I reeeaally miss the starred list. 
Specially the sharing part. Where my friends could follow my starred-list. Please make it possible to follow the "your music"-list!!! Or make it like it was before. I also miss the friends-list... Where I could scroll down to my friend and watch his/her "profile". The easy layout of listing was better before.

Swanny

Sucks that this idea hasn't taken off. Hopefully it's something that Spotify will still work on implementing down the line, it seems like a logical feature to implement.

A good idea on how to implement it may be to have an option under "Your Music" for "Your Friends' Music". If you select that option, it will load a new screen which shows the friends that you follow. Select their name and then it could show a tabbed interface (like Your Music on mobile) to switch between their songs, albums and artists.

Thoughts?

ViniB

+1 for me, sharing the starred playlist was a great feature indeed, it feels like I 've lost a lot of interaction with Spotify since teh star button was removed.

edweerdt

I was just copying all my favorites to "Songs", just to find out there is no option to share those with my friends. 

Sharing all my saved (favs) songs is also a feature I would like to see. For now sticking to saving to favorites.

+1

pastjohn
This is a great idea! There's currently no way for anybody to see your entire music library right now which is a total bummer.
beyondludus

The "Your Music" system is now the easiest way for users to say, yes, I enjoy this particular song, album or artist.  Prior to the introduction of "Your Music," the "Starred' system provided this same low barrier to interaction with music.  One of the fundamental differences between these systems is that "Starred" music was public by default and users had full control over this privacy; whereas "Your Music" is private by default and cannot be publicly shared.

In other words, for a user to publicly share their favorite music with the world, they now have to resort to more complex forms of interaction within the Spotify client, specifically setting up custom playlists.  In many cases this effort would be a duplication of the work the user has already done via "Your Music."  While technically possible, the interaction barrier this creates promotes a very anti-social dynamic between users and third party apps.

Additionally, because "Your Music" is always private, no third party apps using the API can use the information behind this privacy barrier to promote interaction:  For example, if two users give "user-library-read" permission to an app designed to find common interests, and both users are found to like Lady Gaga, the app cannot surface this finding to either user due to violation of Terms of Use Section V Part 1.

Social interaction via Spotify should be encouraged rather than discouraged, and therefore "Your Music" selections should be made public by default.  At the very least, the user should be given the option to share their "Your Music" selections publicly without additonal effort.

Turtleback217

Please! I need it so BAD.

wunderbar

+1 !!!

Glad to see others share my frustration. Sad to see Spotify not do anything about it!

With one click, I want to be able to like/star a song, and have friends see that on a shared playlist. If it takes any more steps than that, I won't do it--at least not regularly enough.

This broke the social aspect of Spotify that for me was working so well. 

cifka

+1

"Songs" should really be like a playlist, so that:

1. It could be shared with friends. (This doesn't mean it can't be private by default!)
  2. It could be used to create a playlist radio.

atilkan

Solution.

You can save it as a playlist and than share. Just choose all ( ctrl+A ) / (Cmd+A) and save to new playlist.