[Sonos][Partnership] Sonos sort by artist

PLEASE allow alphabetical sorting by Artist in your Sonos integration. Currently, the only options on Spotify for Sonos are to scroll through randomly sorted lists of Albums, Songs, and Playlists, none of which are manually sortable by me and none are sorted in any discernible order by Spotify. If I want to find a particular album out of the hundreds I’ve saved, it takes forever - like finding a needle in a haystack. Intuitively, it makes so much sense to sort by Artist alphabetically and drill down into a given artist’s Albums alphabetically from there. Sonos says this is a Spotify issue, so I’m covering my bases a suggesting it in both places. This should be a simple change! PLEASE HELP!

Updated on 2018-12-23

Marked as new idea.

Comments
dotnique

I strongly support LGC's CRY for HELP!! The current situation is frustrating! Please improve the API integration and enable Sonos to present the alphabetical listing of albums, like we used to have before the update.

Be customer-friendly & work together with 3rd parties instead of hindering them!

Rock Star 22
Rock Star 22
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2018-12-23

Marked as new idea.

sthilaa

Agree 100%. It's a total mess trying to find albums in Sonos under Spotify albums based on the current sorting method. Very difficult to find an album amongst hundreds. It makes so much more sense to sort them alphabetically by artist. 

jvkorven
Casual Listener

I also agree with the proposal from LGC. I regularly have problems that Spotify Connect suddenly fails during playback, even when I open the Spotify app, Connect suddenly fails. When playing directly in the Sonos app I never have problems with the loss of the connection. But it is indeed very cumbersome to search for an artist. Hopefully there will be a solution someday, but this has been asked for a long time, I can see in the older messages. I don't understand what the reason for Spotify is not to share this info with Sonos ... we just have to pay for it.

Whitneyjem

Makes even more sense with increase in limit on tracks that can be downloaded in spotify - trying to find right track without sort or search is not workable.

Beef3

Yes please add the possibilities in Sonos to browse your artists from your Spotify library. This function should be basic and it is kind of a dealbreaker when choosing music service for your Sonos system.