[Speakers][Playlists] Make 'Shuffle Play' default option

Smart speakers are amazing, and a great way to make our home smart. But the apps connected to it should also be! 

Whenever we ask for our speakers to play a playlist/artist, it ALWAYS starts with the same song, and the following ones are in the SAME order. It's annoying, because I really like my playlists, and won't ever hear the entirety of 322 songs on them in one go.

Same as the UI in the apps/desktop, the default option should be SHUFFLE PLAY. That's how all Spotify users are accostumed to use the app, and explicitly stating "shuffle play XYZ playlist" is too long/tedious a command.

Pleaaase, follow all principles of good UX and make it similar across devices!

Updated on 2019-07-24

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2019-07-24

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

maggiecremilda

This is a terrible idea, I’m sorry but default shuffle is annoying. If you want to listen to your playlist, it would be easier to say Alexa shuffle playlist x or even put the shuffle sign on through the Spotify app.