Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Ads] Ads Filter

I know we can't pick and choose what ads to see, but at least for a teensy bit of decency (especially for people listening to spotify in a professional work environment) can we not have half naked Victoria's Secret super sexy models?

Personally, I could care less about ads. And in fact, I am a woman who shops at Victoria's Secret. Still- I just had an awkward moment with some coworkers AND my boss. I'd like very much for that not to happen again. In the very least, how about an image that isn't half the size of the window? 

I know no one's going to agree, and believe me, I'd be the last person to complain about spotify (it's awesome). But seriously, it's a bit much.

Thanks.

Updated on 2020-12-07

Hi everyone,

Thank you for adding your votes and comments to this idea, we appreciate your patience.

We're just checking in, to confirm we're keeping this set to 'good idea'.

We are working on making ads more personalized, to create better experiences for our users.

Rest assured we're continuing to bring your feedback to the right teams here too.

Comments
post-electric

I wish there were filter for extremely annoying ads.

I no longer use Spotify because of the ad with the cats playing ping pong. I don't want to be tortured into paying for premium.

I used to be a subscriber for a couple of months. I cancelled because I didn't mind the ads and I didn't want to pay for something I didn't need.

meahtenoha
Status changed to: Not Right Now
Updated: 2015-09-17

Hey everyone, Spotify staff here again. 

Thanks again for the feedback on the quality and relevancy of Spotify ads. We're working on improving our ad delivery services to reduce situations that result in any awkwardness for our users and serve the right ads at the right time. We don't have plans for a specific filter for certain ads but we will update you here if anything changes. Thanks again everyone. 

blindstechnicia

I had the same issue here, if you're looking for adding relevancy to ads you might try using a survey for all users. For instance, you could have a survey that included questions like what environment your product will be used in (e.g. work or home), maybe even some questions relevant to ad placement. That way the ads will be more applicable to your users and we can prevent mishaps where ads that are inappropriate/awkward in work settings are avoided.

justin7919

Any improvements to ad releveancy? I don't mind the ads, but when I am chilling to ambient, the last thing I want to hear Drake popping up in my ears every half hour or so.

foxmcloud23

what about that relevent to what music you actually like? why would anybody be interested in lets say celena gomez if your listening to slipknot

equa6

i have been using spotify for quite some time now but just recently you guys played a paranormal activity trailer ad at 3am. this is not on.

there needs to be an ad filter or atleast the option to mark particular ads as offensive. I am quite reluctant to use spotify now and will be switching to youtube for the time being

Npyee27

I do not like the scary movie ads. One moment I could be in the happiest place in the world but then ruined by watching something I did not want to see ever. 

hendre

The problem is have is not the victoria secret but something worse! Can you image you enjoy your nice music, suddenly hear something weaird and at  12:06am.  When you look at the spotify, what you can see is the scary ghost movie with enhance sound effect by your high end music equipment, that is not COOL AT ALL! what i can do at the moment is just throw away my 500 bucks headset and close it!  No matter how good the UI is, but the USER EXPERICE definitely ZERO!!!!!!!!!!! 

hendre

user deleted

damientsc

I say that they (spotify) needs to remove audio ads from their service. If they want to show pictured ads that's fine AS LONG AS IT DOESN'T INTERUPT OR INTERFERE WITH THE MUSIC STREAM. #TakeDownAudioAdsNow