Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Ads] Ads Filter

I know we can't pick and choose what ads to see, but at least for a teensy bit of decency (especially for people listening to spotify in a professional work environment) can we not have half naked Victoria's Secret super sexy models?

Personally, I could care less about ads. And in fact, I am a woman who shops at Victoria's Secret. Still- I just had an awkward moment with some coworkers AND my boss. I'd like very much for that not to happen again. In the very least, how about an image that isn't half the size of the window? 

I know no one's going to agree, and believe me, I'd be the last person to complain about spotify (it's awesome). But seriously, it's a bit much.

Thanks.

Updated on 2020-12-07

Hi everyone,

Thank you for adding your votes and comments to this idea, we appreciate your patience.

We're just checking in, to confirm we're keeping this set to 'good idea'.

We are working on making ads more personalized, to create better experiences for our users.

Rest assured we're continuing to bring your feedback to the right teams here too.

Comments
Raymonator777

An ad filter would be great. Right now, I'm sitting here listening to music so I can write this college architecture paper and an ad comes on which is fine... But I mean come on, first off its an ad for jameson whiskey which is definitely what I need to concentrate lol and secondly it's louder than the death metal I'm playing. By the way, there's a law against making your ads louder than your content- it would be nice if we could abide by this.mother-of-god_zps01a8760d.jpg

damientsc

It would be ALOT better if they didn't play audio ads at all

Shelby82

Along this line, ads that use profanity, such as the "On Fleek" playlist ad are just uncalled for.  Why couldn't another song or at least another lyric from the same song have been used?  Its completely gratuitous and inappropriate for those of us who listen to Spotify in the workplace.  Not to mention that the ad is louder than the playlist so it BLARES noticeably, even if I have the volume at a quiet level.  If it continues, I will find another music site.  

peanutanne

I for one have a problem with the ad that starts out with a drill sergeant screaming "calling all gamers!" and then is interspersed with machine gun fire. It's incredibly disruptive (makes me jump every time) and upsetting in certain instances. Can you imagine being a veteran and hearing that ad without any warning?? And my Spotify plays it every hour, at least! 

applepie1

For me it's the thriller movie trailers that are doing the round at the moment - I'm terrified of pretty much anything and I would love it if I could block these.

chkeos

OH MY GOODNESS I AM COMPLAINING ABOUT THIS NOW BECAUSE I AM OFFICIALLY DONE. I just heard the creepiest ad ever (like some horror ad) and I saw the creepiest picture with it and I am totally scarred for life IT NEEDS TO STOP.  I don't want to be freaked out about some ad in the middle of the night!!!!!! Make ad filters because I am like practically dying (and those The Visit ads....!!!!!!!  😠 ) Nobody wants to be freaked out when I am trying to be play appropriate music in the house. 

rihards

I would recommned to make it easier to close the ad tab, as the closing button is so small, I often misclick on the banner (both phone and desktop) and thereby the advertisers receives incorrect leads as it happens 99% by accident not my true and honest interest in the ads content. 

zephyrchild

Has it seriously been 3 years since this was pointed out as an issue?

I used to love my spotify premium account, but recent circumstances pushed me to the free service - and I have never been so disappointed. Why would I want to resubscribe to a company that forces me to listen to unwanted tracks on my mobile app, bombards me with untailored and inappropriate ads, and when I do see an ad I'm interested in, the offer doesn't even exist?

I have been forced to cut my age down on my account, in the hopes that I won't be subjected to yet another horror trailer at 2am. It's 2am, I'm trying to wind down, why on earth are you playing a horror trailer?

Why are you playing adverts about the London Underground? Only 12% of the British population lives in London, and I am not one of that 12%.

I am now in the postion where I could resubscribe, and I see no reason to do so. Annoying advertising is good business, inappropriate advertising is just discouraging for everyone involved. 

deadfishcakes

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE FIX THIS

I KEEP GETTING NIGHT TERRORS FROM THE THREE CURRENTLY RUNNING HORROR ADS (Paranormal activity, Crimson peak and hell something) BECAUSE I FALL ASLEEP TO SPOTIFY!!!!!

bbuie

I'm glad someone else has posted this. 

I want to be able to get rid of any album cover or advertisement that is provocative. 

I'd also want to be able to filter any music that is explicit.