Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Ads] Ads Filter

I know we can't pick and choose what ads to see, but at least for a teensy bit of decency (especially for people listening to spotify in a professional work environment) can we not have half naked Victoria's Secret super sexy models?

Personally, I could care less about ads. And in fact, I am a woman who shops at Victoria's Secret. Still- I just had an awkward moment with some coworkers AND my boss. I'd like very much for that not to happen again. In the very least, how about an image that isn't half the size of the window? 

I know no one's going to agree, and believe me, I'd be the last person to complain about spotify (it's awesome). But seriously, it's a bit much.

Thanks.

Updated on 2020-12-07

Hi everyone,

Thank you for adding your votes and comments to this idea, we appreciate your patience.

We're just checking in, to confirm we're keeping this set to 'good idea'.

We are working on making ads more personalized, to create better experiences for our users.

Rest assured we're continuing to bring your feedback to the right teams here too.

Comments
emmr

Add another one to the list of people wanting to be able to filter out horror ads. I don't have any innate problem with ads or even horror ads but when i'm trying to listening to relaxing music to get to sleep I don't want sudden creepy music and stuff about murder and stalking.

maranatha

I am so glad to know that there are decent folks out there like myself who do not like these disgusting ads! This topic has been here for four years now and nothing done!?! Not surprised. Sex, drugs, alcohol and the like are what sells for companies like Spotify.

I was just listening to "Lift My Life Up" through Spotify on my Android tablet. Lo, and behold, I get an ad for some hip hop song with the word "b******" in it! Are you serious Spotify? I am sick of the songs about "b******" and "h****" and "going to hell" that interrupt my music. The constant ads about alcohol are getting on my nerves too. I don‘t mind ad-supported freeware, but this is ridiculous! And four years with no results! You obviously don‘t care...

I listen to gospel, praise and worship, contemporary Christian, bluegrass, kids and classical. I don't need ads about filthy hip hop, rock or "I hate God" death metal. The phone, car, tech and other miscellaneous ads are just fine. But not those...and they occur more than I would like. 

I realize this is your ploy to hopefully get us to buy Premium. But it‘s not gonna work with me. I‘ll go back to Pandora!

Hulu has ad choices. Maybe you could ask them how it's done? 🙂 And Youtube allows you to skip any ad you don't like.

rachlizzy

I was recently listening to music at 1am when an advert for a new horror film came on, scarring the living daylights out of me (since I am not a horror movie fan) and could barely summon the courage to leave my living room. I do not mind having to listen to adverts, especially since I have a free account, but I do think we should have an option as to what adverts are shown to us, especially if you have younger childen who use spotify. It is a massive jump from listening to music to being shown a bony, blooded hand dragging a women under her bed consequently resulting in me having a negative experience of a wonder music service. 

Jarmo78

I'd also like to adD to this that it should be so hard to make somekind of algorithm for the ads that they are TARGETTED ADS - I've been listening Spotify's "heavy metal" radio for days and get loud ads for some rap, dance, hiphop and related ads between 3-4 songs - and oh man they are loud as FUUUUUU--- 😄

Anyways.. targetted ads maybe? No? Well, nevermind then 🙂

foxmcloud23

i dont care about vulgar ads or "ads appropriate for children" my only issue is when you play an ad for an artit that has NOTHING to do with the music im listenign to. im im listeing to, lets say, Alice in Chains; what sense does it make to play an ad telling me get Drakes new album?

Born2Q

I'm always annoyed by one of the commercials that they keep mentioning the word 'spotifive'.

mgmize

There have been a lot of Victoria's Secret ads lately, it you could have an option to block ads like that, that would be great

loopa

exactly!!! also dont put any scary horror movie ads like the conjuring or the paranomal .... because it scares the f*** out of me. it soo bad when you listening something happy then you hear some next up death or something.... what it this? please fix APPROPRIATE ADS. why not use album adverts instead or helping out to or donate......

galacticboy2009

My dad was playing his favorite Eagles songs in the car and every 4 or 5 songs it would play this same condom commercial every time.

Not really appropriate (or at least super awkward) when the whole family is in the car, and you keep having to mute that ad.

When you think about it, if there were at least a button that says "Don't play this specific ad for me again/I'm not interested" I might not mute it and we may have all actually listened to an ad.

Had it been something not so cringe-worthy that we just mute it and don't listen at all.

GeriSeiberling

I am also an avid Spotify user. I cannot pay for the 'ad free listening', as I don't have authority to do that on a corporate computer. (Fortunately I get to have my tunes!) But I WILL STOP USING the program if you don't stop with the ads that are inappropriate for the office environment. It's a no brainer. Its ridiculous and embarrassing if you are in a public place to hear an ad about condom usage and how stupid you are if you have **bleep** without one. Seriously? Must you? If you want to encourage users to use the program more, you will have to change gears here. If I have to turn off the free version, I will not buy the ad free version, even on my personal computers. Thanks.