Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Ads] Ads Filter

I know we can't pick and choose what ads to see, but at least for a teensy bit of decency (especially for people listening to spotify in a professional work environment) can we not have half naked Victoria's Secret super sexy models?

Personally, I could care less about ads. And in fact, I am a woman who shops at Victoria's Secret. Still- I just had an awkward moment with some coworkers AND my boss. I'd like very much for that not to happen again. In the very least, how about an image that isn't half the size of the window? 

I know no one's going to agree, and believe me, I'd be the last person to complain about spotify (it's awesome). But seriously, it's a bit much.

Thanks.

Updated on 2020-12-07

Hi everyone,

Thank you for adding your votes and comments to this idea, we appreciate your patience.

We're just checking in, to confirm we're keeping this set to 'good idea'.

We are working on making ads more personalized, to create better experiences for our users.

Rest assured we're continuing to bring your feedback to the right teams here too.

Comments
al107

I just heard the first condom ad in a while. This is after I changed my birthdate to 2016, to make it look like I was younger, so something is wrong. Please remove the condom ads!!!

ViolonChocolat

Agreed, PLEASE allow a filter to exclude ads that are inappropriate for children and/or work.  Surely you can find sponsors that aren't explicit?

While we're on the topic, how about a setting to skip songs marked explicit as well?  I'm glad that you do have those songs and don't censor, but please allow individuals to censor themselves!

FirstStrike1177

So is there a way to stop the questionable ads? I really don't mind get ads for stuff I don't necessarily care about (though I bet that is a part of a lot of your marketing), but I really don't feel comfortable with the condom ads I've randomly started getting. I used to play my music without earbuds constantly, but I've stopped completely after the second time I heard it. I'm not sure it's because I've got an song marked 'explicit' (even though it doesn't actually have any explicit content) in my main playlist or what, but it's gotta stop. I don't want an ad filled with **bleep** (apparently s*x gets censored in the comments but not the ads) jokes in a playlist I play around my family. 

jbartnik

I'd have to agree. I constantly have an ad pop up saying Congratulations on having a little one on the way... I'm NOT pregnant and that ad plays MULTIPLE times every day. Having something like a thumbs up/down active for the ads would be oustanding. That way we could have ads that are closer to things that relate to us. 

Spotify438

SCREAMING ADVERT FOR HALLOWEEN AT MIDNIGHT WHEN WE LISTEN TO YOUR MUSIC TO SLEEP?!?!?!?!?! Your marketing team sure has some useful brains. 🙂

Lauren55

I believe filtration of ad's related to the playlist would be great due to language involved in some ad's. For example if I am playing from the Christian genre with a youth group in my car, ads with vulgar language becomes inappropriate.

teacher78

I'm a teacher and I like to play the instrumental pop playlist and the kids love it too. However, I worry about the ads. I have had several Michelob ads pop up. Is there a button to allow us to have education friendly ads. I know the purpose of them is to keep the music free, but if this doesn't improve I will have to not use the app. 

whatthehellen

I would appreciate a warning before the horror movie ads please and thank you

kprice6

The ads about family planning (especially maternity care) are pretty tasteless and are getting targeted towards people with fertility issues. Please remove.

HaileyRenee

I listen to Spotify when I’m getting ready to go to bed and there’s been ads for horror movies every single day for the past few weeks and it scares the **bleep** out of me when they suddenly come on I really need a way to turn them off without having to pay. I don’t mind most of the ads but having a little choice in what I have to hear would be nice