Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Spotify Lite Version

Please can you do a second simpler, less memory-hogging and bandwidth-hogging version of Spotify? i.e., Spotify Lite (I don't have a fast computer and even optimised I have big lag problems with other programs whilst Spotify is running.)

Updated on 2019-07-09

Hey folks,

We just wanted to give you a heads up that a lite version of the Spotify app has been released on Android. 

You can check out more information about the app and its availability here.

Thanks for adding your vote to this idea!

Comments
thesr5

Would an unlimited account work for Spotiamp?? I dont use mobile spotify ever so have no reason to purchase premium...

dsfsw1

I could do without the "modern" Win 8 look, and excessive effects. Just make something with basic search and playback abilities, maybe an option to not download cover art.

I never use apps and I do not care for playlists and newer releases I cannot find myself.

Rorey
Status changed to: Not Right Now

2015-10-20

Hello everyone. At the moment, we don't have plans for a "lite version" exactly as suggested in this idea but speed of the app is a major priority for us.

Of course you can continue to leave your feedback here and we'll keep checking as the kudos grow. Thanks!

Holywar

As a side note to the 'lite' stuff ...

I love spotify, but the huge text and lack of customization in look and feel is annoying. I'm an old Winamp guy .. music clients should be simple and small. At least having the option to collapse everything down so i can see lists of songs and not much else than a button would be swell. 

I get that your a buisness, and screen real estate is valuable. 

But as someone who is 'thinking' about buying the subscription, on the plus side, having access to everything under the sun is awesome. On the negative side, buying a bigger monitor just so the products can increase the fontsize and add unnessecary white space, not so awesome. 

AdrianPaul

Thanks for the reply, Spotify.

It may help you to know that, when I was running Spotify on Windows XP, they were very few lags or stutters whilst playing music on Spotify and doing a lot of other stuff.  It did, however, use a bit too much memory and the webhelper app was really annoying how many multiple time it kept running, but didn't seem to do very much. However, when I upgraded to Windows 7, I get a lot of lag and stutters just when browsing the internet, or loading another program, etc.

peke99

Spotify lite should be released. I want to run it on low power computer, like raspberry and older atom based pc, but the user interface is draining all the power. I have optimized windows for speed, but spotify still lags (to use).

I allso do have linux server which does not have GUI at all. It would be nice to have command line player for most popular linux distros too.

Spotify team should remember, that youtube has most of the songs too and there is buch of light player apps available for that... for free! Stop force feeding all the adds and consentrate to make player lighter. There shoud be at least option to check all the graphics off.

AlbertoGG

Three years have passed since the first post and Spotify is heavier than ever...

Please, PLEASE, we need Spotify Lite.

I need to WORK while listening to music.

AdrianPaul

The don't really care, because they assume most of us having powerful, fast computers and then want to bombard us all with adverts and get us to subscribe.

However, there is a way to stop all of the image adverts, as well as all of the audio adverts - just message me if you want to know how!

Mv826

I am so thankful for this thread because I agree. I just want a simple spotify with no useless stuff

Just a search bar, my playlists/ music, and a clean sleek black interface, all I want

Lowers battery drain!! 

Which brings me to the question

Which version of spotify will give me a very simple interface with none of the discover, radio, activity, app finder, etc

If anyone knows for mac, please let me know 

Mv826

I am so thankful for this thread because I agree. I just want a simple spotify with no useless stuff

Just a search bar, my playlists/ music, and a clean sleek black interface, all I want

Lowers battery drain!! 

Which brings me to the question

Which version of spotify will give me a very simple interface with none of the discover, radio, activity, app finder, etc

If anyone knows for mac, please let me know