Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Xbox One app

I'm aware that a large majority of Spotify users won't be gamers but with Microsoft's latest console, the Xbox One, do you think it'd be possible to get a Spotify app? Now that it's possible to multi-task and stream while you game the opportunity to gain new monthly subscribers is massive.

It's already possible as seen with Microsofts new service "Xbox Music" which features heavily in the new console. I know I'd definitely use the app if there was one. Anyone else?

Updated on 2017-08-09

Massive news in the Community today. We're implementing the second largest idea request for all of you.

xbox 2.jpg

Spotify is now available on Xbox One in 34 markets* around the world. The new integration means that millions of Xbox One gamers can now choose the perfect music from Spotify to provide a fresh soundtrack for every gaming session.

Spotify allows you to personalize your gaming experience through your saved music, pre-curated gaming playlists and the full catalogue of Spotify music in the background, while in game. Simply play music on demand, whether you are a free or Premium Spotify user. Creating your personalised gaming soundtrack has never been so simple.

For more information check out https://www.spotify.com/xbox/ and our FAQ here

*AR, AU, AT, BE, BR, CA, CL, CO, CZ, DE, DK, FI, FR, GR, HK, HU, IE, IT, JP, MX, NL, NZ, NO, PL, PT, SG, SK, ES, SE, CH, TW, TR, UK, US

Thanks for your continued feedback here, we're listening!

Comments
Phale89

PLEASE MAKE THIS A REALITY! I love Spotify and use it daily at work, I have been waiting and waiting for it to come to the Xbox One. Now with Background music available on Xbox One, I cannot not think of a better time to release a Spotify app to the console. I do not know what it would take to get it there, if there is legal stuff to work out, but whatever it takes I know it would be a much used app, and in my house would replace Pandora being used on the Xbox as well as Groove music.... So again, PLEASE MAKE THIS HAPPEN.

Thanks,

Sykz

Yes please! Spotify for one 

merkavelli101

id use it everyday i find it stupid its not already on xbox

meahtenoha
Status changed to: Not Right Now
Updated: 2016-09-17

Hello everyone. Staff here.

We don't comment on any potential partnerships until they happen. Unlike other ideas, we can't promise kudos will lead to an implemented idea but please feel free to add your comments. 

We'll be sure to update this idea if and when we have more to say. Thanks for the idea!

PaulM187

I would switch to Spotify from Groove if it comes to Xbox One

borgeindergaard

Meredith: This shouldn't be about corporate partnerships at all. It should be about Spotify actually listening to and taking care of their, possibly millions, of customers who have a Spotify subscription and an Xbox One.

Spotify exists mostly on every other platform. So customers would expect support for the Xbox platform as well, since it is a very popular platform, especially now that it supports UWP, and with the tight integration of the Xbox platform in Windows 10, which is just going to take of in the future.

steven_cuthill

Wish you guys would hurry up with this. 

Kylesmart332

You guys do realize that there is a spotify app for the xbox one. It's called spoticast. I mean it's terrible, they have a lot of work to do. Well maybe it's not absolutely terrible, but the problems it does have are big ones. I love spotify, it's hands down the best music app, no comparison. And using it in the background while I play cod zombies is friggin bliss...just wish I could find the Playlist I listen to on my phone in the Xbox app..

Meemeimei

This would definitely be one awesome to get. I would be able to stream through my living room speakers without the need to connect my phone to them.

harf4ng

I saw that spotify is available on playstation, too bad this is not available on xbox one.