Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Xbox One app

I'm aware that a large majority of Spotify users won't be gamers but with Microsoft's latest console, the Xbox One, do you think it'd be possible to get a Spotify app? Now that it's possible to multi-task and stream while you game the opportunity to gain new monthly subscribers is massive.

It's already possible as seen with Microsofts new service "Xbox Music" which features heavily in the new console. I know I'd definitely use the app if there was one. Anyone else?

Updated on 2017-08-09

Massive news in the Community today. We're implementing the second largest idea request for all of you.

xbox 2.jpg

Spotify is now available on Xbox One in 34 markets* around the world. The new integration means that millions of Xbox One gamers can now choose the perfect music from Spotify to provide a fresh soundtrack for every gaming session.

Spotify allows you to personalize your gaming experience through your saved music, pre-curated gaming playlists and the full catalogue of Spotify music in the background, while in game. Simply play music on demand, whether you are a free or Premium Spotify user. Creating your personalised gaming soundtrack has never been so simple.

For more information check out https://www.spotify.com/xbox/ and our FAQ here

*AR, AU, AT, BE, BR, CA, CL, CO, CZ, DE, DK, FI, FR, GR, HK, HU, IE, IT, JP, MX, NL, NZ, NO, PL, PT, SG, SK, ES, SE, CH, TW, TR, UK, US

Thanks for your continued feedback here, we're listening!

Comments
dv8r

My point is... there are too many good music services that are on all platforms to limit myself just to Spotify. Groove is actually a decent service that is cheaper and is available where I need it. There is also Pandora and Amazon. I'm not sure it's Microsoft that's keeping Spotify from developing an app. Do you have proof of that anywhere? Pandora is certainly on the Xbox One. I DO know that @SpotifyCares stated on Twitter they were: "focused on our exclusive partnership with PlayStation, we don't have any info regarding other consoles/BE" It wasn't a threat... I did cancel and went with the service that's better for me. I just wish I could have stuck with Spotify because I have been a subscriber for 4 years.

oeoirico

Why do we need written proof of that from Microsoft? It's honest-to-god logic using solid business reasons. Why is that so easy to dismiss in favor of thinking "Spotify just doesn't want to go through the trouble (pout pout, stomp stomp)"?  Pandora is not even in the same league as Spotify or Groove. Pandora is exclusively "auto-generated radio" whereas Spotify, Groove, Google play etc are all full music streaming services with "radio" features. There is no amazon music app on XB1, but amazon prime music's catalog is just as slim as amazon prime's video catalog. 

In terms of SpotifyCares' statement, that's just calculated PR, putting a positive spin on only making it onto one of the major consoles. That "exclusivity" came in January 2015, and only after Sony pulled the plug on Unlimited Music. That's a 3-year window of opportunity between 2012-2015 where Microsoft was streaming Pandora but not streaming Sony Unlimited, Google Play, or Spotify. All three of those services had the same thing in common, they were all direct competitors to Zune/Xbox Music, which is why we're not going to see them on the Xbox consoles any more than we should expect to see Apple Music on the Xbox consoles.

christianbakke

Hi Spotify

First: I love Spotify and use it a lot.

Now I use this in my living room from/via my HTPC. The "problem" is my HTPC is aging and is being replaced by a XBox One S. (Which is in the mail).

This is a logical step since all my TV apps are there and it supports 4K, HDR and 4K Bluray.

So if there is no Xbox One/UWP app coming soon I'm going to replace Spotify with Groove from Microsoft. Which is not ideal. 

Hopefully you will release an app soon so I'm not forced to remove my paid subscription and switch to Groove Music Pass.

Best regards

Christian

gblinckmann

At this point, Spotify should be making a Windows 10 UWP app, targeting desktop, laptop, tablets, xbox, phones, and even holographic with an app. Considering the size of the userbase and market, this really isn't a lot to ask.

sovamind

Well, I just found out that Spotify has been billing me full price for six months even though I proved that I was still a student.  Their new student verification system (third-party) keeps rejecting all my documents I send them too.  Goodbye Spotify! If I'm going to pay $10/mo, I'm going to a company that supports all my devices and especially my Xbox which is the center of entertainment at home.

bmneu

I would subscribe if it was on xbox one. As it is, my xbox headphones are bluetooth enabled and I stream from my laptop, so not worth paying for unless its an ease of use upgrade - snappable on xbox one. When I don't care to stream from my laptop, I tend to use pandora, which is snappable - but I miss my daily mix!

Whiteb0y618
Definitely would be a great idea and I know many many Xbox one users who would be thrilled to use a Spotify App while gaming. Please, please, please come out with an Xbox one app!! If you need a petition I can definitely get one

[removed]

@christianbakke wrote:

So if there is no Xbox One/UWP app coming soon I'm going to replace Spotify with Groove from Microsoft. Which is not ideal. 

Yep, for example I would do it long time ago, but Groove Music is still not supported in my region. We have Spotify, Deezer, Tidal, Google Play Music, etc. but no music streaming from Microsoft. Next reason on my list to transfer to Sony.

Kamilstarikieiw
I am very suprised that i cannot listen to spotify on xbox, so as my friends which have both xbox and spotify. Why you make a deal only with sony and you dont care about MS users ?