Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Xbox One app

I'm aware that a large majority of Spotify users won't be gamers but with Microsoft's latest console, the Xbox One, do you think it'd be possible to get a Spotify app? Now that it's possible to multi-task and stream while you game the opportunity to gain new monthly subscribers is massive.

It's already possible as seen with Microsofts new service "Xbox Music" which features heavily in the new console. I know I'd definitely use the app if there was one. Anyone else?

Updated on 2017-08-09

Massive news in the Community today. We're implementing the second largest idea request for all of you.

xbox 2.jpg

Spotify is now available on Xbox One in 34 markets* around the world. The new integration means that millions of Xbox One gamers can now choose the perfect music from Spotify to provide a fresh soundtrack for every gaming session.

Spotify allows you to personalize your gaming experience through your saved music, pre-curated gaming playlists and the full catalogue of Spotify music in the background, while in game. Simply play music on demand, whether you are a free or Premium Spotify user. Creating your personalised gaming soundtrack has never been so simple.

For more information check out https://www.spotify.com/xbox/ and our FAQ here

*AR, AU, AT, BE, BR, CA, CL, CO, CZ, DE, DK, FI, FR, GR, HK, HU, IE, IT, JP, MX, NL, NZ, NO, PL, PT, SG, SK, ES, SE, CH, TW, TR, UK, US

Thanks for your continued feedback here, we're listening!

Comments
Spartanace13

If Spotify were to make an app for the xbox one, I'd totally dig it. Just puttin' that out there.

hammelbacke

2 years old and still nothing happend... sadly.

Courtney333

I'm a school teacher suddenly turned stay-at-home mom to 2 little ones and I would love it if my 2 little ones were able to listen to the fun playlists I made for them over the tv and not my cell phone. I am not in the habit of using my cell phone to play their music as id like them NOT to be fixated on my phone in the house while the music is playing. If the music plays over the tv, i can have my phone free to use it as a phone. Plus the sound is wonderful on our tv. I wouldnt mind paying money to access spotify through our xbox. I would he willing to pay $10 for this ability. I guess what im saying is that the individual from your company who decided to partner exclusively with playstation really did Spotify a diservice. Spotify has a golden opportunity here to make money, widen their customer base and KEEP the customers they already have (customers such as myself) who took a chance and spent the money for a premium Spotify account. Do me a favor Spotify and perform the google search string "spotify xbox one compatible" and begin clicking into the listed sites and you will find your current customers are canceling their service for this reason. Please spend the time and effort to pay some analysts to figure out if your exclusive partnership with playstation is worth it. Then, next time your contract agreement with playstation is up for renewal, seriously consider your other spotify customers. Please?? Thank you for your time. 

jeremyflikkema

Jeez, I wonder how much money Sony actually gave you guys? Dividing your users with exclusive platform deals is lame.

Rinny1

I agree, I just recently bought an Xbox one and I was very upset to find out there is no Spotify app. That only leaves me with the option of pandora or groove music...eww 😖. Please let us have an app,

Sincerely,

A Spotify premium user

thewritingcriti

Just so you all know, there is a third-party Spotify client on Xbox One. I have used it and it works pretty well. It is called Spoticast. You can find it here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/spoticast-for-spotify/9nblggh4r6x5

Hope that helps!

awesomerrificus

Embarrassing that you guys haven't made this happen yet. Just signed my family up for an account to test the waters, but finding a lot of functionality is not equally available to windows users so not sure we can stay on board. Also no way to link spotify to music in cloud storage! Really unfortunate for you guys since other services have implimented this simple and great way for folks to personalize their music experience.

hegenbarth

This is such a no-brainer....cmon guys. Do it.

Please do this. Listen to your customers!

sinewave_cl

Developers, please hear what your customers want!, more than 7k votes and nothing happens. At least you shoud create an HTML5 web player so we can access to it from xbox browser.