Spotify Xbox One app

I'm aware that a large majority of Spotify users won't be gamers but with Microsoft's latest console, the Xbox One, do you think it'd be possible to get a Spotify app? Now that it's possible to multi-task and stream while you game the opportunity to gain new monthly subscribers is massive.

It's already possible as seen with Microsofts new service "Xbox Music" which features heavily in the new console. I know I'd definitely use the app if there was one. Anyone else?

Updated: 2016-09-17

Hello everyone. Staff here.

We don't comment on any potential partnerships until they happen. Unlike other ideas, we can't promise kudos will lead to an implemented idea but please feel free to add your comments. 

We'll be sure to update this idea if and when we have more to say. Thanks for the idea!

Comments
ModernSaiyan
Regular

This is ModernSaiyan. I have always loved Spotify as long as I've used it. It's has many different features Pandora doesn't. As of now Pandora's Xbox app is trash. It constantly fails to load, I have to restart my xbox, and songs quit halfway through. Right now I'm trying to decide if I want a Spotify subscription or Pandora. Like I said I love Spotify but I feel like I use Pandora more now as I get on my Xbox for music everyday after school. If you could make some deal with Xbox to get a computer quality Spotify app on Xbox that would seal the deal for me and I would use you for life. Please take this into consideration. Thank you. 

cl1993ere
Regular

change to groove £8.99 a month

PeteH
Regular

This would be the trigger for me to get premium Spotify.  Come on guys get it done, it can't be hard its basically the same OS as a PC.

floppywhale102
Music Lover

I think this is a great idea, i am aware of the xbox music app. But the only problem is i have multiple playlists on spotify consisting of 200 songs that i would like to listen to on my xbox while gaming. I dont only see this as a positive for spotify users but I also see this as an opportunity for Spotify itself. Millions of people play on xbox and if a partnership were to happen im sure Spotify would make a lot of money from spotify users who use xbox. 

Christocalypse
Regular

We need Spotify on Xbox One!!!

justHank
Regular

I was actually looking to switch music services because I am looking to do business with dedicated companies. For example, Spotify for music because you guys specialize in streaming music. Then I found out you have no UWP app or even a Xbox One app. Really? No streaming app for Xbox One? Ill just stick with Groove then...

metalfr3dan
Regular

The people of Xbox one owners has spoken, we want an Xbox one Spotify app, please!

DeadGlitch71
Regular

I would love to have this on my X1!!!!!

especially if background music was supported!!

J3l2404
Regular

I use my Xboxone everyday.  I would live to be able to use Spotify on it. My tv is my main source of entertainment in my living room/diningroom & kitchen area (my house isn't very big). But when it comes to music I either have to use my phone or YouTube on my tv. So since I pay for Spotify premium I'd obviously rather use that than YouTube. 

sinewave_cl
Concert Regular

Have anyone tried the html5 player on xbox one browser? https://open.spotify.com