Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Xbox One app

I'm aware that a large majority of Spotify users won't be gamers but with Microsoft's latest console, the Xbox One, do you think it'd be possible to get a Spotify app? Now that it's possible to multi-task and stream while you game the opportunity to gain new monthly subscribers is massive.

It's already possible as seen with Microsofts new service "Xbox Music" which features heavily in the new console. I know I'd definitely use the app if there was one. Anyone else?

Updated on 2017-08-09

Massive news in the Community today. We're implementing the second largest idea request for all of you.

xbox 2.jpg

Spotify is now available on Xbox One in 34 markets* around the world. The new integration means that millions of Xbox One gamers can now choose the perfect music from Spotify to provide a fresh soundtrack for every gaming session.

Spotify allows you to personalize your gaming experience through your saved music, pre-curated gaming playlists and the full catalogue of Spotify music in the background, while in game. Simply play music on demand, whether you are a free or Premium Spotify user. Creating your personalised gaming soundtrack has never been so simple.

For more information check out https://www.spotify.com/xbox/ and our FAQ here

*AR, AU, AT, BE, BR, CA, CL, CO, CZ, DE, DK, FI, FR, GR, HK, HU, IE, IT, JP, MX, NL, NZ, NO, PL, PT, SG, SK, ES, SE, CH, TW, TR, UK, US

Thanks for your continued feedback here, we're listening!

Comments
cl1993ere

change to groove £8.99 a month

PeteH

This would be the trigger for me to get premium Spotify.  Come on guys get it done, it can't be hard its basically the same OS as a PC.

floppywhale102

I think this is a great idea, i am aware of the xbox music app. But the only problem is i have multiple playlists on spotify consisting of 200 songs that i would like to listen to on my xbox while gaming. I dont only see this as a positive for spotify users but I also see this as an opportunity for Spotify itself. Millions of people play on xbox and if a partnership were to happen im sure Spotify would make a lot of money from spotify users who use xbox. 

Christocalypse

We need Spotify on Xbox One!!!

justHank

I was actually looking to switch music services because I am looking to do business with dedicated companies. For example, Spotify for music because you guys specialize in streaming music. Then I found out you have no UWP app or even a Xbox One app. Really? No streaming app for Xbox One? Ill just stick with Groove then...

metalfr3dan

The people of Xbox one owners has spoken, we want an Xbox one Spotify app, please!

DeadGlitch71

I would love to have this on my X1!!!!!

especially if background music was supported!!

J3l2404

I use my Xboxone everyday.  I would live to be able to use Spotify on it. My tv is my main source of entertainment in my living room/diningroom & kitchen area (my house isn't very big). But when it comes to music I either have to use my phone or YouTube on my tv. So since I pay for Spotify premium I'd obviously rather use that than YouTube. 

sinewave_cl

Have anyone tried the html5 player on xbox one browser? https://open.spotify.com

remark3dcz

I tried this page before half year with errors about missing adobe flash, but if site is in HTML5 now...I am currious