Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Xbox One app

I'm aware that a large majority of Spotify users won't be gamers but with Microsoft's latest console, the Xbox One, do you think it'd be possible to get a Spotify app? Now that it's possible to multi-task and stream while you game the opportunity to gain new monthly subscribers is massive.

It's already possible as seen with Microsofts new service "Xbox Music" which features heavily in the new console. I know I'd definitely use the app if there was one. Anyone else?

Updated on 2017-08-09

Massive news in the Community today. We're implementing the second largest idea request for all of you.

xbox 2.jpg

Spotify is now available on Xbox One in 34 markets* around the world. The new integration means that millions of Xbox One gamers can now choose the perfect music from Spotify to provide a fresh soundtrack for every gaming session.

Spotify allows you to personalize your gaming experience through your saved music, pre-curated gaming playlists and the full catalogue of Spotify music in the background, while in game. Simply play music on demand, whether you are a free or Premium Spotify user. Creating your personalised gaming soundtrack has never been so simple.

For more information check out https://www.spotify.com/xbox/ and our FAQ here

*AR, AU, AT, BE, BR, CA, CL, CO, CZ, DE, DK, FI, FR, GR, HK, HU, IE, IT, JP, MX, NL, NZ, NO, PL, PT, SG, SK, ES, SE, CH, TW, TR, UK, US

Thanks for your continued feedback here, we're listening!

Comments
TomTardis

I know people are frustrated by the lack of Spotify on the XBox One. I am, too.

Spotify has an exclusive deal with Playstation. So basically, Sony handed Spotify a bag of money to keep Spotify off of the XBox. Obviously, none of us knows the details, but it's likely that Sony paid several million dollars to Spotity for a period of exclucivity. Since neither company will comment on the deal (other than to say there is one), we have no idea when this expires or how much money was involved. 

However, Spotify has teased a new Universal Windows app in conjunction with the Windows 10S launch. Since Windows 10S only runs Windows Store apps, and since Windows Store apps are easily ported to the XBox (In some cases, you can just tick a single box on the Windows Store interface), the technical steps needed to make this happen are already in place. 

So what this comes down to is that we won't see an XBox app until the Sony deal expires, and we have no idea when that will be. So if you want Spotify in the living room, your best bet is goign to be a Bluetooth speaker system or a streaming media player. 

kiregottahelms8

ok i might be a 15 year old child but not only would you make more money with premium acounts but as well as a better advertisments i had no clue what it was till i heard my friend listening to it please do it

kiregottahelms8

people on xbox pay better to just to let you know

Rehissunstar
If this is the case they should just say that they are not doing it. Period. Give reason then I can make my choice as a reasonable consumer.

I'm pretty sure their ambiguity in light of existent agreements has some issues.
Sherri1962

Would love to be able to play Spotify from my TV using my Xbox!! 

errilhl

This should really be made. Having a spotify-app on the Xbox would allow for streaming music effortlessly even without a smart-tv or chromecast or similar products, and without having to connect your phone to whatever speakers you have, and so on. Anything preventing me having to use battery to stream music is a good thing, and if it would be possible to play music while gaming, for instance, it would be an instant win (for me, and for many with me).

CaptHanYolo

This is kind of absurd at this point that this doesn't exist. Get on board!!!

TuanLVT

my guess is spotify is exclusive for ps4 on the consoles so this is why there is no spotify on xbox yet

Imrhien

Looks like they've just released a UWP app for Windows 10 (desktop). This is great progress; theoretically they could now release the same app to Xbox and Windows Phone 10. But will they?

TuanLVT
They won't since Spotify is exclusive for ps4 on the console market