Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Xbox One app

I'm aware that a large majority of Spotify users won't be gamers but with Microsoft's latest console, the Xbox One, do you think it'd be possible to get a Spotify app? Now that it's possible to multi-task and stream while you game the opportunity to gain new monthly subscribers is massive.

It's already possible as seen with Microsofts new service "Xbox Music" which features heavily in the new console. I know I'd definitely use the app if there was one. Anyone else?

Updated on 2017-08-09

Massive news in the Community today. We're implementing the second largest idea request for all of you.

xbox 2.jpg

Spotify is now available on Xbox One in 34 markets* around the world. The new integration means that millions of Xbox One gamers can now choose the perfect music from Spotify to provide a fresh soundtrack for every gaming session.

Spotify allows you to personalize your gaming experience through your saved music, pre-curated gaming playlists and the full catalogue of Spotify music in the background, while in game. Simply play music on demand, whether you are a free or Premium Spotify user. Creating your personalised gaming soundtrack has never been so simple.

For more information check out https://www.spotify.com/xbox/ and our FAQ here

*AR, AU, AT, BE, BR, CA, CL, CO, CZ, DE, DK, FI, FR, GR, HK, HU, IE, IT, JP, MX, NL, NZ, NO, PL, PT, SG, SK, ES, SE, CH, TW, TR, UK, US

Thanks for your continued feedback here, we're listening!

Comments
remark3dcz

There is some way.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNGJZBZpM7Q   Also Spoticast xbox one application works (but this is not directly spotify songs, just spotify playlist alternative searcher). 

Greenecowolfe

I have Spotify premium for family and Xbox one live. I would love an app on my Xbox one.  It should be compatible with all games.  It would be awesome.

WadeB

**bleep**... stop with the BS, make this happen now you assholes!

brian_brown27
TBH, I decided to buy a PS4 and am completely satisfied about my decision and don't plan on going back unless I buy an Xbox one or maybe the Scorpio lol !!!!

Sent from my iPhone
EddDutton

You wouldn't just be developing an app for Xbox One, you'd be developing an app for all Windows 10 devices. It's a win-win-win.

In retrospect I wish I got the PS4.. Also I just wanna say that it might be Microsoft holding out on a deal - because we all know Spotify is 10x better (my opinion)
ykhalaf91

I've been a Spotify premium member for years and I've even upgraded to the family subscription after being so satisfied with the service. I've recommended Spotify to all my friends and family and will continue to do because I greatly enjoy the service and consider it essential for every music listener. In addition to being a Spotify premium listener I'm also heavily invested in the Xbox one as both a gaming and entertainment system. Xbox one strongly NEEDS a Spotify app with background music support. I regularly google search results for updates regarding potential future development.

PLEASE CONTACT MICROSOFT AND MAKE IT HAPPEN !

MaxxDelusional

Panos Panay (from Microsoft) just casually confirmed that a Spotify app is coming to the Windows Store. He mentioned it while showing off the new Surface Laptop at Microsoft's Educational event. It may not nesessarily come to XBox, but this is a good step.

pardonlul

I do not wait anymore, i will usse groove on my xbox one, farewell spotify