Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Xbox One app

I'm aware that a large majority of Spotify users won't be gamers but with Microsoft's latest console, the Xbox One, do you think it'd be possible to get a Spotify app? Now that it's possible to multi-task and stream while you game the opportunity to gain new monthly subscribers is massive.

It's already possible as seen with Microsofts new service "Xbox Music" which features heavily in the new console. I know I'd definitely use the app if there was one. Anyone else?

Updated on 2017-08-09

Massive news in the Community today. We're implementing the second largest idea request for all of you.

xbox 2.jpg

Spotify is now available on Xbox One in 34 markets* around the world. The new integration means that millions of Xbox One gamers can now choose the perfect music from Spotify to provide a fresh soundtrack for every gaming session.

Spotify allows you to personalize your gaming experience through your saved music, pre-curated gaming playlists and the full catalogue of Spotify music in the background, while in game. Simply play music on demand, whether you are a free or Premium Spotify user. Creating your personalised gaming soundtrack has never been so simple.

For more information check out https://www.spotify.com/xbox/ and our FAQ here

*AR, AU, AT, BE, BR, CA, CL, CO, CZ, DE, DK, FI, FR, GR, HK, HU, IE, IT, JP, MX, NL, NZ, NO, PL, PT, SG, SK, ES, SE, CH, TW, TR, UK, US

Thanks for your continued feedback here, we're listening!

Comments
whatevlsndlsdf

Yeah... can't believe this DOESNT exist. If Plex can get on there why can't you? You can use spoticast or plex to play spotify but the lack of a native app is a bit of a joke and reflects poorly on Spotify and Microsoft. An xbox which is already connected to most media systems is a really easy way to play music... or at least would be.

TuanLVT
It is still a problem… since sony have a deal with spotify that only console to have spotify is playstation 3 & 4
TuanLVT
The current one on windows 10 store is not UWP app… that one is transfered from the .exe one… if they did release to xbox… spotify have to pay alot of money to Sony for breaking the deal
errilhl
You do understand the concept of "contractual obligations"?
TuanLVT
I still prefer playstation… u also should get one…. Xbox soon wont have any exclusivity games anymore after the windows store going to be more popular all the xbox console games will be on pc
Kalil56

I would absolutely love to see this happen, I love spotify and I love Xbox one. Spotify has everything I want and I would love to have that while i game!

I hate using Pandora because it just genuinely sucks. And soundcloud is alright. Spotify on the other hand is the prime way to listen to music. Xbox is the prime way to game. So it only makes sense to put them together. 

geminiman7

This is like using Microsoft Windows without a web browser. It makes absolutely NO sense as to why this hasn't been implemented yet.

I use my XBox One for entertainment purposes as well as gaming. Right now I have to use the YouTube app just to listen to and stream music in my living room (where my XBox is), which really sucks. 

Spotify on XBox One should have been developed long ago. Its now August 2017. WTH?!?! 

collett_steve

It looks very much like the exclusivity deal with Playstation has expired, and Spotify is coming to xbox one as a UWP App. 

https://www.onmsft.com/news/more-proof-of-an-xbox-one-spotify-app-discovered

firesound

d