Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Xbox One app

I'm aware that a large majority of Spotify users won't be gamers but with Microsoft's latest console, the Xbox One, do you think it'd be possible to get a Spotify app? Now that it's possible to multi-task and stream while you game the opportunity to gain new monthly subscribers is massive.

It's already possible as seen with Microsofts new service "Xbox Music" which features heavily in the new console. I know I'd definitely use the app if there was one. Anyone else?

Updated on 2017-08-09

Massive news in the Community today. We're implementing the second largest idea request for all of you.

xbox 2.jpg

Spotify is now available on Xbox One in 34 markets* around the world. The new integration means that millions of Xbox One gamers can now choose the perfect music from Spotify to provide a fresh soundtrack for every gaming session.

Spotify allows you to personalize your gaming experience through your saved music, pre-curated gaming playlists and the full catalogue of Spotify music in the background, while in game. Simply play music on demand, whether you are a free or Premium Spotify user. Creating your personalised gaming soundtrack has never been so simple.

For more information check out https://www.spotify.com/xbox/ and our FAQ here

*AR, AU, AT, BE, BR, CA, CL, CO, CZ, DE, DK, FI, FR, GR, HK, HU, IE, IT, JP, MX, NL, NZ, NO, PL, PT, SG, SK, ES, SE, CH, TW, TR, UK, US

Thanks for your continued feedback here, we're listening!

Comments
Fdub
My music is there, that's not the issue. Issue is that there is no play all
function. Gotta click an album then go back to others and add them to the
now playing queue. Super annoying and tedious. At least with groove I had
the option to play all whether I was in the albs, songs, or artist section.
Don't have that with Spotify. Only thing I like is that you can play with a
game.
errilhl
Then create a **bleep** playlist with all the albums. This is a non issue.
Seriously.
TomTardis
Hey. There is no need to be a **bleep**. He wants what he wants, and he has a
valid complaint. The UI on the TV/Console version of Spotify is
distressingly barebones.
errilhl
Maybe so, but you have a computer, or a phone, or a tablet with a full
Spotify app, where you can set up everything. Complaining that it doesn't
have a "play all" function, when you can simple put everything into a
playlist and play that one playlist, is just dumb.
daynebramaged

You actually can play all, and it's the primary way that I listen to my music.

Go to your songs (not albums) and play a song.  Make sure that shuffle is turned on, and it will keep playing your music randomly.  You can do the same thing on the phone and computer apps.  Any running Spotify apps (phone, computer, xbox) will link together, so you can control the music from any of them.

Putting everything in a playlist doesn't work unless you want to update your playlist every time you add a song to your collection.

Fdub
This helps alot!! Thanx!! I actually haven't played around much with it so
I wasn't aware of that.
errilhl

Again... if you don't use playlists, just want to be able to play anything you have, put everything in the same playlist. It's really that simple. I don't get how this is difficult in any way. You can add whole albums, specific songs, etc.

I can't for the life of me understand why someone would want to play any song from a collection randomly, but that is just me... I prefer having themed playlists, I don't really love playing a Beethoven symphony and then skipping to DeadMaus...

daynebramaged

Playlists and your song collection are two different things.  If I hear a song I like, I can press once to add it to my song collection - very easy.  I don't want to worry about finding the right playlist to add it to - especially if I'm in the car using Android Auto for example.  If I'm reviewing my weekly discovery playlist, I can click once on any song that I want added to my collection - very easy.

I can still have a separate Beethoven playlist if I really want some Beethoven that's not in my regular song rotation.

I can't for the life of me understand why someone would be so concerned about how someone else listens to music.  Just because you're not a power user, don't take it out on me. 🙂

Fdub
Obviously you didn't understand what I said. I have way too many
songs/artists/albums to go through and ADD them to a playlist, I did not
say anything about my playlists being in my songs, that's just stupid. Idk
why have a play/shuffle all button makes you so angry. Clearly this is the
only thing in your life that has meaning.
TomTardis

Guys, this getting way off topic and is just annoying people who are looking for news about this app, not arguing about how to use it. 

There are support forums all over the place; please go use one of those. Thanks.