Spotify should accept bitcoin

Bitcoin is something that has really started to come out into the open a little more just recently. So far, there are many companies that are accepting bitcoin for online purchases or subscriptions. Reddit is officially taking bitcoin as payment for reddit gold, and Mega, owned by Kim Dotcom, has recently started to accept bitcoin for it's data storage service. I understand that bitcoin is still a fairly small thing at this point, but the implementation of that into a service like spotify seems to be a perfect match. From everything that I have heard, bitcoin implementation is not that complicated, and I think this would make it very easy for many people to pay for the premium accounts!

reddit.com/r/bitcoin is a good place to start for the questions of "what is bitcoin?" They have a lot of links on the side bar that are very informative. 

Updated: 2016-05-26

At the moment, we don't have plans to offer Bitcoin as a payment solution. If we have any updates around this we will post here first. Until then please continue to leave your kudos and comments here, thanks!

Related Ideas

Comments
Top Star
Top Star
Status changed to: New Idea

Gdude007
Regular

+1

Great idea! I hate to give out credit card details online and I would be much more likely to signup for Premium if Bitcoins were accepted.

nagdude
Regular
+1 would love to see this. I'd buy an extra premium subscription for my cat if that happened...
WillieSmothers
Regular

I'd go premium if I could pay in bitcoins. 

swine
Regular

If Bitcoin was a payment option, I'd buy a premium subscription in a heartbeat, and I'd send some Bitcoins to my friends so they could too.

kuenx
Regular

Bitcoin would also benefit Spotify. Less administrative headache and since the risk of charge-back fraud is non-existent, they could even reduce the price a bit and offer anonymous accounts.

tudorizer
Regular

+1 on this. I might even go Premium in this case.

Community Legend

The only issue is the fact the exchange rate for bitcoin is always changing :P

giowck
Music Fan

Look how easly it is to integrate: https://bitpay.com/

+1

Bromista
Festival Fanatic
I have $50 of bitcoins just sitting around that I'm not doing anything with.