Star and Save coexisting?

I used to star songs as a way to be able to, at a quick glance, see what were my favourite tracks on an album or in a playlist while scrolling through or just browsing around my playlists or artists profile pages. It used to be a fun and easy way to help myself remeber what tracks I liked. It used to be a great aid in remebering and (re)discover great music.

I used to. It used to.

Why can't Star and Save coexist next to each other?

Although the starred playlist is still there, it really doesn't do anything anymore now does it? I've longed for the Your Music feature for so long because I want to be able to save albums and actually have them sorted by artist in an easy and attractive way. But I think it was a big mistake removing the starring feature and thinking Your Music would replace it rather than compliment each other.

Hey folks, we're back to confirm we dont' have plans to make the Star feature co-exist with Your Music. You can now Save tracks directly to Your Music by clicking on the + next to each song. 

You can read more about how to organize Your Library right here. Thanks for continuing to bring your feedback to the Idea Exchange, if we have any updates around Your Music we will let you know here. 

Related Ideas

Comments
guiom2510
Regular

thrasbarg wrote:

I used to star songs as a way to be able to, at a quick glance, see what were my favourite tracks on an album or in a playlist while scrolling through or just browsing around my playlists or artists profile pages. It used to be a fun and easy way to help myself remeber what tracks I liked. It used to be a great aid in remebering and (re)discover great music.

I used to. It used to.

Why can't Star and Save coexist next to each other?

Although the starred playlist is still there, it really doesn't do anything anymore now does it? I've longed for the Your Music feature for so long because I want to be able to save albums and actually have them sorted by artist in an easy and attractive way. But I think it was a big mistake removing the starring feature and thinking Your Music would replace it rather than compliment each other.

I want the starred option back !!!!

Just keep in mind that apple music have favorite icon and that they add the option to CHOOSE (YES TO CHOOSE !!!) if when you add a song to a playlist / selection, the album and the artist do not appear in the album section!!

apple seems to listen their customers...

Jo
Regular

I'm not too bothered what happens to Your Music but I would very much like to see the Starred feature return. It was the main thing that made Spotify such a great tool for discovering and sharing new music. Your Music is more of a replacement for how I bought and listened to music pre-Spotify - an online CD collection. Spotify - with the stars - had revitalised my interest. I was listening to new bands again, going to gigs, creating playlists. I can honestly say that with the removal of the stars, I'm doing those things less, using Spotify less and generally listening to music less, and it's a shame.

Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Hey folks, we're back to confirm we dont' have plans to make the Star feature co-exist with Your Music. You can now Save tracks directly to Your Music by clicking on the + next to each song. 

You can read more about how to organize Your Library right here. Thanks for continuing to bring your feedback to the Idea Exchange, if we have any updates around Your Music we will let you know here. 

Jo
Regular

But you do understand, don't you, that a one-click 'save to Your Music' doesn't even come close to doing what the stars used to? I am also wondering why I don't see the option to give kudos on this thread anymore. 

ftwtx
Music Fan

What feature is there that lets you know you have the song in your music already. So when I go into Discover Weekly and click on an album where does it show I already have particlular songs in my music playlists. It should be visible next to the song. You should not have to drag and see the pop-up "do you want to add/duplicate".