[Subscription] Hulu ads free + Spotify

I don't know where the real suggestion box is but it would be nice if we could have the option to sign up for spotify student premium + hulu commercial free  instead of hulu limitted commercial for the additional cost it costs to upgrade on hulu to commercial-free.

Thank you!

Updated on 2019-09-05

Hey folks, Spotify staff here.

We wanted to post an update as this idea has reached over 500 votes from our users.

We’re always working on improving the Spotify experience across platforms, but we’re afraid we don’t have any further information to share at the moment.

We typically don't announce integrations with third parties in advance.

The best place to keep an eye on is our blog for news updates about any such partnerships.

Thanks for continuing to share your ideas and give us feedback in our Idea Exchange.

Comments
darrinnnnn

I'm on regular (non-student) Spotify Premium with Hulu, and would love to be able to pay to add Hulu add-on services like live TV or commercial-free viewing to my Hulu account. I'm wanting to PAY MORE to Hulu, so you'd think they'd be all over this!

tronensis
Visitor

This needs to be a thing. You would assume that premium users already have a low tolerance for ads.

Hulu has good shows but the commercials are a big let down. At least let us have the option to pay the difference.

slammer1215

I would like to be able to upgrade to Hulu’s No-Ad plan through Spotify, and would be willing to pay the difference from the current plan. This would help the customers of Spotify get more of what they want conveniently, as well as create more revenue for both Spotify and Hulu. 

McBear

Once this happens I'll sign up! Can't wait!

sixtyMAC9

Literally just sent this to customer support earlier and got pretty positive feedback.

So I love your service and used to have premium, actually. I’m
planning on subscribing to premium again within the next few days and
was interested in the Hulu offer, however, I currently have a Hulu
(ad-free) subscription and was wondering why I’m not able to qualify
for the offer? I understand I pay more than $9.99/mo. for my Hulu
service now, but I, and I have to assume others, am more than willing to
pay the difference if I’m saving in the long run. I mean if your
service is $9.99/mo., and you’re essentially footing the customer’s
$5.99/mo. bill, then why not just offer an option for ad-free users to
give you $15.99/mo. and it’s still a great deal, the customer saves a
little money, and Spotify gets good PR, it’s a win/win. Run it up the
ladder and hopefully it somehow gets somewhere that it can be
implemented. I know that if it doesn’t change, I’ll only be premium
for one month so that I can save a playlist for a 12 hour drive that
I’ll be making next week. That’s not an empty customer threat, just
legitimate, constructive feedback. Thanks for coming to my T.E.D. Talk

danschumann

I got spotify premium in part to avoid commercials.  Obviously, your customer is one that wants to avoid commercials.  Giving them a "free" but commercial'ed plan to hulu seems insensitive to the needs of your folks, folks!

Kreegz42

Either way, i would think spotify and hulu are both already recieving enough compensation so why would hulu not take advatage of an extra 3-4 dollars for no ads...maybe thats why its so expensive to start?!?!

Stevenxx050167
Casual Listener

Yes I totally agree, I was just thinking about this the other day and actually posted the same thing on the “ideas” page. SPOTIFY PLEASE CONSIDER.

kelcgene

It would be so nice if we could pay the difference from ads to the no-ads hulu plan with spotify bundle. I pay premiums for both, so it would be nice to just pay an extra $5 on top of the premium spotify service to keep my no-ads plan. Would love to only have to pay one place instead of two!!!

-c_fo5yl766qt

Yes! YEs!! YES!!!