Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Subscription] Military / Forces Discount

Spotify currently offer students a 50% discount, yet no forces discount. Spotify should introduce a forces discount for current serving members of the armed forces. 

Updated on 2023-07-06

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange.

We've discussed this idea and while it is interesting, we aren't able to prioritize it and don't have any immediate plans to implement this. We will let you know if this changes in the future.

If we do have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

More info on why your idea has been closed can be found here.

Comments
Jackal_Kaizer

Please let this happen. They deserve as much for keeping our countries safe. 

Vamosj

I fully agree to this.

My reasoning is that I have been stationed overseas (20 years Navy) and the internet can be snail crawling slow at best in a lot of the camps over there.  Sometimes loading a webpage is almost out of the question, much less streaming music.  I would like to see military get a discount on premium access so they can have some music stored locally on their device to listen to when they want or when they need it.

GIVE MILITARY A DISCOUNT!

crather91
I'm by no means a "military is better than everyone else" kinda person but if (most of) everyone goes to college and can get a discount, then why can't military and the veterans get a discount?! -Army Vet-
meahtenoha
Status changed to: Good idea, vote for it
Updated: 2015-09-07

2015-09-07

Hey everyone, thanks for coming to the Idea Exchange with your feedback. We're marking this as a 'Good Idea' and we'll let you know if we have any updates. Thanks!

Abracer7

Another reason: similar to what VamosJ said, the opportunity to use our Spotify account is less than civilians as well being that we get stationed somewhere that can't use internet/phones due to security or training reasons. I just went through a 3 month training where I couldn't use my phone/spotify...I temporarily took Premium off. If there was a discount, I think military members would just leave the premium on even in a training situation like that.

nacho808

I say they need a discount for the arm forces.

Bandalizer

What's the delay in making a decision about a military discount?  The first post marked "As a good idea" was 8/21/13.  Certainly, it does not take that long to implement a discount code for military members, their families and veterans.  Please expedite this request and if any other military member read this, lets keep pushing for a discount like the student discount.  Rally ON!!!!!

I love how this thread is 2 years old, and yet nothing has been done. Way to say you don't care Spotify.
I paid full price for Spotify while in Afghanistan. Made a few playlists available when offline because *shocker* I didn't always have Internet. Why are they ok with giving students a discount, but not those of us overseas, away from our homes, and often times have no access to Internet? Ended my premium account once I got back because I couldn't afford it. May come as a surprise, but the pay isn't all that great. Especially when you're stateside and have a family to support.
Hunteryoung8837
Spotify, get your act together.