Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Subscription] Military / Forces Discount

Spotify currently offer students a 50% discount, yet no forces discount. Spotify should introduce a forces discount for current serving members of the armed forces. 

Updated on 2023-07-06

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange.

We've discussed this idea and while it is interesting, we aren't able to prioritize it and don't have any immediate plans to implement this. We will let you know if this changes in the future.

If we do have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

More info on why your idea has been closed can be found here.

Comments
hddogtraining

This is insane, I am a 100% disabled veteran and I am on a fixed income. So students who could potentially be making more than we do, or will when they graduate, than we do as veterans. Regardless, they are going to school to learn most of the time because they were/ are privileged enough to do that after high school. Unfortunately, most of us did not have those advantages, opportunities, or abilities depending on our families social economic status and where we grew up. I don't believe that students need a discount on music more than the men and women who make it possible for these individuals to go to school.

With that said! I will be going back to school in the future but my veterans discount should be equal to their discount at least. AS FOR DISABLED VETERANS! I personally believe that we deserve even more of a discount than non disabled veterans, NOT BC WE ARE SPECIAL, BC WE ARE ON A FIXED INCOME AND HURT. If you are a coder or someone who worked on computer in the military then that is an easy transition, again unfortunately, most of us did not have the opportunity to take on training for such in depth and useful skillets leaving us unable to truly make more revenue as our skills for a solid portion of our functional lives were spent learning how to hone our bodies and it's capabilities only to lose them, in my case I was disabled by 23 after my tours in Iraq and Afghanistan and truthfully just like all veterans, there is wear and tear and pain, sweat, tears, and trauma related to their military service.  If we were to discuss "who deserves it based on pain or stress levels", or "who has it better or worse", just remember that college is electoral just like the military but you DO NOT have the same levels of stress or demand as the military. Most of us attended college courses during the military and on deployments during wartime environments while we deal with austere conditions and rationing food. Some things similar other things not so much. 

I do want to commend you and say thank you for not offering a senior citizen discount to ordinary civilians who just got old. Nothing irritates me more than a veteran asking for a discount somewhere only to hear "NO, NO MILITARY HERE", only to watch someone who is just been alive for a while longer than I have get 20% or more off. It's sad honestly we sign up knowing we may die for every person we have never met and for their kids to come to ensure the freedoms that are so overwhelmingly under appreciated by the US population that seems to not are about the small percent of the US population who was willing to answer the not so pleasant call that was asked of us. Luckily we still have our lives and that's truthfully what we are to be grateful for, I am happy to have my limbs although my mind has slipped a bit and that is truly why you could potentially call me "upset" about this lack of discount. Music has been a way for me to cope with life and the conditions of my life as it has gone on through every step and literally every moment of every day since. Music allows me to keep myself together and composed and seriously helps with my equilibrium issues, something to do with the ears.. ask the doctor because I can't remember that either because of memory issues, but I can remember almost any song and tell you what any song is by hearing a quick clip. I have been a member for years, and I would like to feel as though my business with your company is professional and respectful and that my business with you is important to my life and mental health. I feel some what slighted by the way this has carried on for years on this forum and QUITE LITERALLY I AM THE 3600th person to vote on this suggestion, as a professional type of person and business minded I am curious as to how you ignore 3600 peoples request for something? Can you morally say a company is a good company well knowing 3600 peoples request has been ignored and if so I am curious too as to how?

(Also, the way I needed to cancel my bill halfway through last month and listen to commercials until today to reactivate my family plan is not cool at all, come on guys. I love the services but make the usage of your site and app a little easier please!)

I would love to speak with someone or a team to help you develop a solution to this problem so please contact me directly to discuss this review or its contents as you should have my information from my profile, I just confirmed my email for the ability to vote on this today. Thank you for your time and consideration, please understand that we would just like to feel some love for once from people other than veteran organizations.

Respectfully,

Robert McLaughlin

Elena

This post was removed for violating the Community Terms and Conditions, specifically "Always be appropriate and respectful when you post''. For more information please read here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Answers/Spotify-Support-Community-Guidelines/ta-p/4575166

M-Eight

While i see some of your points but most students live with their parents and work or they have work and roommates. Many still get aid from parents in some form or another. While yes military personal are on salary newly enlisted soldiers make 20 k a year even with higher ranked soldiers with 6 years of experience make 40 k
Year 2020 and still nothing ? YIKES, just give yes or a no atleast.

Sure argument is Spotify is not US based but most subscribers are from US. 
Why not offer Military discounts to other countries they provide services in since they already do that with student discount where you can get it in other countries.

bb01028
My point isn't about getting a discount. At this point its about the fact
that Spotify has not appropriately responded to this thread, so what do
they really care about their customers?

Marinemva

STUDENTS WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO GET THEIRS WITHOUT US!

This needs to happen! TIDAL IS THE WAY TO GO! UNTIL THEN!

5a4bu49poavkoke

Dear Spotify.

With the 11th of November  2020 soon approaching could you please allow all,  Armed Forces Serving and Veterans the discount at least if not better than students.  We have served our Country we were prepared to defend our Country and we were prepared to give the ultimate sacrifice.  

Whenever there is a problem or a crisis the first and last line of defence is the Armed Forces.

So please on the 11th of November 2020 or before, do the right thing and allow a discount.

JB 

stratcatnc

Excellent, exactly and you guys really need to stop begging a Swedish country to acknowledge your service to US Imperialism. They owe you nothing.

austin3h8

I'm a veteran and I hated the military. I hate the 2 party system and I hate the war that's killing innocent people. But I served 4 awful years and wasted time I could have gone to college. American college students get discounts, but veterans don't? Thats just ignorant to bring politics into it and say that people who served honorably do not deserve a discount because you hate the useless wars. Most of us do. You're not special. Going to college because your parents could afford it doesn't make you special. A lot of us joined the military to afford college. If anyone is brainwashed it's the liberals who think they're entitled because of their beliefs. 

LemonGrease
Im sorry you're so upset over this, please put your anger to better use in
advocating for not only better treatment of vets but future vets too. I
dislike many of the things you do, and I haven't gone to college. I pay in
full. Military is tied up in politics, college isn't. Spotify is a Swedish
company, they literally cannot give military a discount without violating
our laws and theirs.
motomat

spotify is like 10 usd a month at most?  most military discounts are 10%,  lets give spotify the benefit and say they are awesome and do 15%.  Is it really worth to get your panties in a bunch and look like a beggar asking a euro company to give an american discount just to save..... 1.50 usd?   for real?  cmon, are you that broke?