Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Subscription] Military / Forces Discount

Spotify currently offer students a 50% discount, yet no forces discount. Spotify should introduce a forces discount for current serving members of the armed forces. 

Updated on 2023-07-06

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange.

We've discussed this idea and while it is interesting, we aren't able to prioritize it and don't have any immediate plans to implement this. We will let you know if this changes in the future.

If we do have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

More info on why your idea has been closed can be found here.

Comments
tennfishin

Calm down Francis. My “free market bullsh**” is why you are able to enjoy something as remarkable as Spotify junior...and I advocate and voted for veterans to get the discount. My logic is sound...IF Spotify chooses to give a discount to “students” (who we know milk the sh*t” out of the four years allowed), Spotify should also give it to veterans or at least serving military members. My so-called “free market bullsh**” supports my assertion that you, me or any other  veteran can and will vote with their wallet by subscribing to Pandora or Tidal who DO offer a military discount...which is Capitalism. You are engaging in that same act of “free market bullsh**” when you choose to get your service for free through “force” btw. Also, you aren’t the only one that served (35 years) and suffered for it. Thank you for your service brother. 

chillchey

Hello, I am an active duty member of the Air Force as well and would like to remind you that this idea was "considered" this time last year. I feel that it would be no difference to discount our military as well as students. Every other site I have gotten discounts with has both student and military option, and considering the impact music has on our society, I think we could really use it as well. Please consider and thank you for your time.

Obviously student discounts are a thing because students typically don't have money (or otherwise less than people working a job). Nothing to do with appreciation or whatever.

If Spotify are going to be giving discounts for appreciation, then they should probably start with healthcare workers, since they're not country-specific and they deserve big appreciation for the past year.

Ledlites

I have used spotify premium for 4 years using their student discount while serving in the military. I am not longer eligible for that discount. It is ashame that they don't have a first responder discount and it was the reason this winter I took the black friday deal from Tidal and will almost certainly continue to use them and take advantage of their military discounts for the foreseeable future.  

G357

As a retired vet, and a student... I concur. Veterans and all they do should most certainly get a discount if nothing else comparable to the student discount. A Spotify+Hulu bundle for the same price that students receive. **bleep** even better Hulu premium with no ads forget the showtime. /G\

motomat

you are a veteran of sweeden?

Ledlites

No, are all students receiving student discounts enrolled in Swedish universities? Most companies who are international have discounts for NATO forces, including majority Norwegian owned Tidal. 

Ledlites

Mind you they bundle Hulu an American owned company to students.

Ram956

I currently have a Pandora Premium Account because Pandora offers Military discount, I like Pandora but I want to try Spotify unfortunately Spotify doesn’t offer Military, if you guys make it happen I will gladly close my Pandora and open a premium account with you guys. I’m sure I wouldn’t be the only one switching... 

Radioactive911

I have Tidal with a Military discount and wouldn't do it if they didn't offer it. It's just too expensive to keep adding subscriptions to everything these days - it all keeps adding up. Would definitely do Spotify if they offered a Military discount, but they don't - so I will not be subscribing. The U.S. Military are all over the world and don't have access to good music, you're missing a significant market. Shame on you Spotify.