[Subscription] Pay with Bitcoin

Bitcoin is something that has really started to come out into the open a little more just recently. So far, there are many companies that are accepting bitcoin for online purchases or subscriptions. Reddit is officially taking bitcoin as payment for reddit gold, and Mega, owned by Kim Dotcom, has recently started to accept bitcoin for it's data storage service. I understand that bitcoin is still a fairly small thing at this point, but the implementation of that into a service like spotify seems to be a perfect match. From everything that I have heard, bitcoin implementation is not that complicated, and I think this would make it very easy for many people to pay for the premium accounts!

reddit.com/r/bitcoin is a good place to start for the questions of "what is bitcoin?" They have a lot of links on the side bar that are very informative. 

Updated on 2018-08-24

Hey folks, Spotify staff here.

We wanted to post an update as this idea has reached over 500 votes from our users.

We’re always working on improving the Spotify experience across platforms, but we’re afraid we don’t have any further information to share at the moment.

We don't have plans to offer Bitcoin as a payment solution, but if we have any updates around this we will post here first.

Thanks for continuing to share your ideas and give us feedback in our Idea Exchange.

Comments

If bitcoin was an option I'd leave Spotify.
Bitcoin is a political experiment, not a real currency.

Hello

If Spotify accpet BTC I can buy Premium and can purchase gift directly from your website.

Now the Big companies like Microsoft , Dell, PayPal integrated with Bitcoin as payment method .

Please add Bitcoin payment method.

Many thanks for considering my request

Hello,

Many thanks for considering my request

Alex

Roadie

Not a bad idea. I want it also. 

Spotify
Spotify
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Spotify
Spotify
Status changed to: Not Right Now
Updated: 2016-05-26

At the moment, we don't have plans to offer Bitcoin as a payment solution. If we have any updates around this we will post here first. Until then please continue to leave your kudos and comments here, thanks!

Good idea to implement Bitcoin as payment option.

Wouldnt it be also great to make like a micro payment channel for extra songs with a donation model?

Or in general, always pay like some cents as u listen to a song as option for those who don't like the monthly subscription model. Micropayment via Bitcoin or other decentral Cryptos.

Hey can I pay for my premium subscription with bitcoin?

please add bitcoin payment already