[Subscription] Pay with Request Network

The crypto community is growing bigger and Spotify could be one of the first and leading platforms in implementing this revolutionary technology for an open, fair and accessible financial system.

Millenials are one of the largest groups invested in cryptos, same as those leading the Spotify revolution. With an estimated amount of 6-10 billion dollars that have been invested in this new technology, Spotify could benefit from adopting it through Request Network.

Updated on 2018-06-25

Marked as new idea.

Comments
zahrteja
Casual Listener

Perhaps adding Request Network payments would be a better way of phrasing this? I doubt Spotify uses shopify. 

ls1sf-2_a61oh
Casual Listener
Done, thank you! Good spot :)
Harraj

Yeah RequestNetwork the OP means :) 

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2018-06-25

Marked as new idea.

maxkl1
Music Fan

I think they wont do this

MarcoCT
Casual Listener

Would downvote if I could as it's a dumb idea.

Most cryptos are just too volatile, just look at what happened to the most popular coin (can't mention by name as filter...).

zahrteja
Casual Listener

To reply to the guy who said "most cryptos are just too volatile" it's worth noting the Request offers payment options via DAI, a stable cryptocurrency pegged at $1, as well as eventually adding direct USD payment support in the future. Therefore Request cuts out the extreme fees while also cutting out the volatility so many are afraid of. 

MarcoCT
Casual Listener

Replying to zahrteja

It's supposed to stablizy at that value, doesn't mean it stays at that value. Just looking at coinmarketcap, it's had extreme fluctionations of 1.07 and 0.89 dollars, that's a near 10% deviation either way. Just looking at the amount of troughs and crests in that graph, most other currencies have a lot less fluctionations. Spotify has 83 million subscribers, imagine the payment went off when it was at 0.97 (today at 9pm GMT), spotify just lost 4% of revenue across their entire base due to heding on the coin. This doesn't even take into account the probable legal challenges, trusting that the coin won't change etc..

No, they won't add it, it would be a gimmick at most, and could result in heavy losses/uncharted legal frameworks at worst.