Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Subscription] Student Discount iDeal Payment for the Netherlands

Hello Spotify,

Students in the Netherlands mostly pay with iDEAL, we don't have a CC. It is possible to pay with iDEAL for a regular premium subscription but not for the 'student discount subscription'. Can iDEAL be added as payment option?

Thank you,
Students from the Netherlands 

UPDATE: We have reached 100 votes! Thank you all! But we aren't there yet. I want iDEAL, we want iDEAL! Share this idea and let your friends/family/neighbors vote!

UPDATE2: Apperently a Spotify Community Manager made a mistake by updating this idea to 'Not Right Now'. I'm trying to get in contact with 

Updated on 2018-07-27

Hey folks! 

We appreciate you sharing your feedback on this idea in the Community.

We're happy to announce that it's now possible to pay via iDEAL in the Netherlands, for the student discount.

If you're eligible for the discount, it just became even easier to get rocking!

Thanks,
/M

Comments
mr_muffin

Indeed!!! please add iDeal

YES PLEASE. Do it, do it fast !

We have reached 100 votes! Thank you all! But we aren't there yet. I want iDEAL, we want iDEAL! Share this idea and let your friends/family/neighbors vote!

NICK1133

same here !! students DO NOT have a CC !

osiczz

I don't think that students and college students need discount only , but also primary, elementary school students.All student types !!! If they are younger and not so smart, it does not mean that they have to pay more out of their pocket money, such as me!

nilo-90

I have the same problem!! I do have a creditcard, but I only want to use it in emergencies or on holidays. My premium account of now just takes the money off my debet card account. Why can't it stay the same way? What can we do to change this since this is the only way to ask a question to Spotify.

However, I don't think iDeal is the best solution, since it is a monthly payment. It can be easily just like the premium account I have right now. 

edwindriesen

Same problem, through out al of holland!

😞 

So how many votes do we actually need to make this happen?? It's taking too long..

luchoorn

same problem, please solve this!!!!!

carolienwuh

YES! I want this discount so bad, but do not own a Creditcard. Payment via ideal would be ideal.