Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Subscription] Student Discount iDeal Payment for the Netherlands

Hello Spotify,

Students in the Netherlands mostly pay with iDEAL, we don't have a CC. It is possible to pay with iDEAL for a regular premium subscription but not for the 'student discount subscription'. Can iDEAL be added as payment option?

Thank you,
Students from the Netherlands 

UPDATE: We have reached 100 votes! Thank you all! But we aren't there yet. I want iDEAL, we want iDEAL! Share this idea and let your friends/family/neighbors vote!

UPDATE2: Apperently a Spotify Community Manager made a mistake by updating this idea to 'Not Right Now'. I'm trying to get in contact with 

Updated on 2018-07-27

Hey folks! 

We appreciate you sharing your feedback on this idea in the Community.

We're happy to announce that it's now possible to pay via iDEAL in the Netherlands, for the student discount.

If you're eligible for the discount, it just became even easier to get rocking!

Thanks,
/M

Comments
laser50

Spotify is complete **bleep** with their money grabbing policy, **bleep**ing offering us a lower price (Like they would care for students?) and then make it difficult as **bleep** by needing some high end education and a credit card.

Something 1 out of 1000 students has in Holland.

Spotify is so **bleep** I could have implemented this myself approximately 20 times now, minimally.

"We will send it to the proper teams" is another meaning for "We will predend to care but not unless we have to"

Chairya

;/ Would be great if this simple little change would be made already.. but apparantly spotify just want to use their discount policy as a way to lure in people, and not actually help the students by making it actual afailable to the people this policy is aimed at - because this would make them lose a big part of their income. 

Spotify just don't want students to use the discount. It can't be that difficult to add those payment methodes to the student discount. The life of a student is expensive enough spotify. If you add paypal and ideal as methodes of payment to the student discount you will have a lot more users then now. But apparently you don't see that

bastiann

We need this!

Zambiblasian

Spotify. Please - as useless as your robot-natured, willfully ignorant, and shambolic customer "service" is - I repeat: Please! Try at the very least to attempt to understand that in the Netherlands, students typically do not posess a credit card. This is just the way things are in the Netherlands. Credit cards are not given out like candy as they are in America.

Alas, offering this "discount" to students is absolutely pointless to the core, as your target demographic, by and large, are unable to get it in the first place due to this ridiculous payment method limitation! I'm sorry, but this is just stupid, and why you cannot offer a proper payment method such as iDeal (or even PayPal, for god's sake!) is just beyond me. (On that note: you are magically able to offer iDeal and PayPal for standard Premium, but suddenly those payment methods disappear for student discount? There's really no non-malicious explanation for this.)

This student discount is absolutely redundant from the start due to this simple but fundamental and stupid flaw; in its current state, it simply shouldn't exist. It's a sham at best. If this is the result of cultural differences in regards to payment methods (which, to be honest, is less likely than Spotify simply trying to reduce numbers of student discounts being purchased), please fix this. It's a disgrace that you have targeted a product at a demographic, and yet are providing completely insufficient means of getting it, IN ADDITION to letting it go on for this long.

Edit: May I just add that this is not specifically a targeted blame towards community helpers on here; there's not really much you can directly do about this, as I understand. Problem is that Spotify is just useless as a company. Shame since the core concept is great, but everything else is a Charlie Foxtrot.

Leukmannetje

Spotify is a company that sees customers as an annoying by-product of their service. Everything I learned from business school that could possibly be wrong within a company, applies to Spotify. I'm afraid that students in the Netherlands have to listen to Apple Music or Amazon or whatever. Spotify is only for people of a certain age, income and standing: people with credit cards.

chan_asmo

SAME

PLEASE, SPOTIFY GODS

HEAR OUR SUMMONS

Hosseen

Hosseen

ik luister graag naar spotify music

zouden jullie snel deze oplossing willen oplossen want iedereen wilt wel graag 5 euro per maand besparen voor zijn studie als je dat berekent is dat 60 euro elk jaar.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I like to listen to spotify music

would you quickly want to solve this solution because everyone would like to save 5 euros a month for his study if you calculate that is 60 euros every year.

DutchDutchman

we are almost one year further, still no progress? i think this is a bummer...