[Subscription] Student price of $5/mo for graduates still paying off their loans!

Hey everybody, thanks for taking the time to view this idea.

My proposal is that Spotify continues to offer the reduced rate to graduates still paying off their student loans. Currently, the monthly rate increases from $5/mo to $10/mo upon graduation. This could be verified just as easily as the current student verification process.

Transitioning into the real world is a challenging time while we are taking on the responsibilities of paying for insurance, moving into our own apartment, covering transportation and sustaining some sort of a social life. Even with scholarships, our youth are graduating with anywhere from $50,000-$200,000 in student loans with a ludicrous interest rate of 10% which they will be paying nearly 50% of their salary every month for 10 years. 

I am completely in love with Spotify, the playlists they provide for me and their awesome access to new music. I am impressed with all of the progress the company has made, their user interface and customer service. However this is a time in my life where I have to cut back on non-essential expenses. $5/mo for something I love is understandable but double that is difficult to rationalize. I know that there are thousands of people out there just like me that would genuinely appreciate the student rate after graduation. This would also be tremendous publicity for Spotify, if they show that they empathize with this group of hardworking individuals.

So please, let's come together and make this idea a reality. The first step is for 100 votes on this idea and we will take it higher and higher until we accomplish this goal!

Updated on 2018-09-05

Marked as new idea, which is a repost of this inactive idea.

Related Ideas

Comments
lwelk
Casual Listener

Wow!!!!

Thank you so much for the votes, let's keep the ball rolling

Rock Star 21
Rock Star 21
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2018-09-05

Marked as new idea, which is a repost of this inactive idea.

MarcoCT
Casual Listener

Just a side question, why would you get a degree in a field if it takes you ten years to pay it back? Either go into a field where you make more money/less time to pay off, study at a cheaper uni (even abroad) or skip entirely if unneeded.

Not sure why Spotify should cut you a cheaper rate for 10 years, most students are only for 3 (majority) - 5 years, and then you usually spread it/stay on the service for a really long time.

You're probably trying to save on rent, so grouping with other people? You'd be at the same address, so could share a family plan.

I'm always for cheaper, but you choosing to go into debt doesn't seem like a fair thing for all of us who didn't.

nibbler2014
Casual Listener

I pay 55% of my income towards my mortgage. Can I have a discount too?

Juandalvarez123

I completely agree with this!