Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Subscription] Teacher Discount

It would be great if Spotify offered a teacher discount for Spotify Premium.  Increasingly I am using Spotify in my classroom, but it is frustrating to have to constantly monitor it and jolt across the classroom to mute the ads.  I am happy to support the artists I listen to by paying for Spotify Premium, except that with ever more budget constraints, especially to arts programs, it is not feasible to shell out $120/yr from the school's or my own personal budget.  I believe that if a teacher discount was offered, we would also be able to promote the use of Spotify with our own students thereby increasing Spotify's users.

Updated on 2023-03-30

Hey everyone,

It seems that this idea ended up in the wrong board accidentally, so we're bringing it back.

We're keeping the previous Case Closed status, as we don't have any immediate plans to implement this. As soon as we have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here.

Take care.

Comments
jmassic

I'm Down.  So when will this happen?  How do we help make it happen?

robynlouise228

This is a great idea!  As a music teacher, I use spotify many times a day but my funds are limited.  I would love it if Spotify offered a discount to educators!

teacherjoy

So any update? I cannot find teacher discount.  I see students can get it for $5/mo.  

robynlouise228
So far, no. But I could see it happening this year!
Svqf

Ditto to all the comments. I use it in the classroom (free advertising to college students because they inquire as to the music source) and am frustrated with attempts to mute ads. $5 I'd be willing.

babswalker07

Is there any response to all the educators asking about a discount? Many times a company gives students and teachers discounts. I hope Spotify can do the same!

teechadeb

I agree with everyone, that this wold be a great idea.

sofianallar

I agree with all of the above comments. I too, am a teacher and music is a great outlet for students. But I would like just to be totatlly honest. Come on ... I love my students please do not get me wrong, they are like my own children. And like so, I NEED to have an outlet too. Music is one of the things that I really enjoy, but with a teacher salary and a family to support this is just not within my reach. And yes the free version is pretty ok, and yes it will do the job (poorly) but it helps. Yet having the premium would make such a differnce, I tried it and hands down it is one of the best things I could have done (for myself) in a long time. I am a mom and we usually forget about ourselvess often. I am not saying give it to teachers for free but the same discount that students get would be awesome. Crossing my fingers that this happens. 

artgarcia1227

An educator discount would be fantastic!

meahtenoha
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Hi everyone, thanks for coming to the Idea Exchange with your feedback. We don't have palns for a Teacher Discount at the moment, but we will let you know if we do. 

We should also note that it's not possible to use Spotify in public places (such as bars, restaurants, stores, schools, etc.). You may only make personal, non-commercial, entertainment use of the content and, in signing up for an account, you have agreed and undertaken that you are using the content only in this manner. More details can be found in our Terms & Conditions.

Please let us know if you have any questions, thanks!