[Subscription] Teacher Discount

It would be great if Spotify offered a teacher discount for Spotify Premium.  Increasingly I am using Spotify in my classroom, but it is frustrating to have to constantly monitor it and jolt across the classroom to mute the ads.  I am happy to support the artists I listen to by paying for Spotify Premium, except that with ever more budget constraints, especially to arts programs, it is not feasible to shell out $120/yr from the school's or my own personal budget.  I believe that if a teacher discount was offered, we would also be able to promote the use of Spotify with our own students thereby increasing Spotify's users.

Updated on 2019-10-31

Hey folks.
We wanted to post an update, since we made some changes to our ideas process.
Typically, we won't announce information about new subscription options, third-party integrations or new countries in advance.
We’re always working on improving the Spotify experience, but we don’t have any more information to share at the moment.
The best place to keep an eye out is on the
What’s New section of our blog.
Thanks.

Comments
Svqf
Your understanding is incorrect. Look up fair use portion of copyright laws.
Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Updated on 2019-10-31

Hey folks.
We wanted to post an update, since we made some changes to our ideas process.
Typically, we won't announce information about new subscription options, third-party integrations or new countries in advance.
We’re always working on improving the Spotify experience, but we don’t have any more information to share at the moment.
The best place to keep an eye out is on the
What’s New section of our blog.
Thanks.

WilliamZWang
Casual Listener

According to Spotify TOS, the service is for personal individual use only. Using it in a classroom is not permitted as it counts as broadcasting, and somewhat public and commercial. They recommended commercial music subscription partners for that.