[Subscription] Worldwide Student Discount

I recently saw that there's a student's discount only for students enrolled in US Colleges; however, I believe this discount must be offered all accross the world to at least High School and College students becasue the world is filled with us, and we are also passionate about music but with less money to spend since we depend on our weekly jobs or parents.

Updated: 2015-06-03

2015-06-03

Hey everyone, we're marking this as 'Not Right Now'. If we have any updates on Student Discounts we will post it here first though. Thanks guys!

Comments
Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: New Idea

2014-09-17

Hey folks! We're marking this as a New Idea as it's slightly different to the idea "Discounts for Students or signing for longer periods (eg. 1 year)"

Thanks for your continued feedback in the Ideas Board everyone.

alhabetl

Canadian student here - this would be greatly appreciated! Loving spotify but would definitely pay premium if there was a discount! (Also, in Canada we do not use .edu emails but every student will get a *@universityname.ca email, so it could be verified in a similar way to the US discount!)

NKD84
I am currrently a U.S. College attendee, but work in Canada (so I listen to Spotify in both locations). I tried to enroll in the 50% of student discount for premium services, but received this notification"It appears that you are not eligible for the discounted product that you are trying to purchase. If you'd like you can still upgrade your account to premium at any time.". Does anyone know who I can contact the get this taken care of? I've looked throughout the whole help page and was unable to find a direct contact link for Spotify associates.

saidhakan

in turkey we need to be provided these discounts

guussieboy

And yet an other supporter from the Netherlands. We also don't use .edu addresses here, but every university has their university name or shorthand as website. For example students from the University of Groningen (Rijksuniversiteit Groningen) have a @student.rug.nl. People who work there have @rug.nl.

dvdgioco

The discount is already awaliable in Germany. Why not in Italy?  

RedDown
Roadie

As far as I know, the discount is available in Germany, UK and US. It's makes sense to offer this worldwide. I've canceled my Spotify Premium until this offer is available in my country. 

Naicet

Hey everybody!

I'm from Germany and just signed in for Unidays to get my student discount.

To verify my account I need to give my name and surname and search for my

university. My university is in the system but when I press the forward button nothiing happens,

no matter how often I retry it. I gave my name just like it is on my Student ID so I don't know why

the system can't find me or what could be the problem.

Can somebody tell me what I could do or who could help me?

I didn't find a direct link, numer or e-mail address for help so I signed in this community.

Thank you!

SamuelSpisiak
Casual Listener

Spotify please do something about this situation. Why only students in 3 countries have access to this? At least support europe that would be nice start and then move to other parts of the world. I personally vote for netherlands. Cheers and have a nice day

Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: Not Right Now
Updated: 2015-06-03

2015-06-03

Hey everyone, we're marking this as 'Not Right Now'. If we have any updates on Student Discounts we will post it here first though. Thanks guys!