Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Support Google Cast for Audio

Google announced Google cast for audio today. Any chance we'll see this api adopted so that speakers using this can play from Spotify? 

"today, we're announcing Google Cast for audio, which embeds the same technology behind Chromecast into speakers, sound bars, and A/V receivers. Just like Chromecast, simply tap the cast button in your favorite music or radio app on Android, iOS, or the web, and select a Google Cast Ready speaker to get the party started.

Google Cast Ready speakers pull content directly from the cloud, so you’ll get the best audio quality and can freely multi-task on your phone, tablet, or laptop, all without straining the battery. These speakers will work with a growing list of apps including Deezer, Google Play Music, iHeartRadio, NPR One, Pandora, Rdio, TuneIn, and many more."

http://chrome.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/introducing-google-cast-for-audio.html?m=1

Updated: 2015-10-22

In collaboration with Google, we’re thrilled to announce Spotify on Chromecast and Chromecast Audio. Spotify and Chromecast Now Play Together.

While you cast, you can use your phone to answer a call, play a game, send a text, and even leave the room, all without interrupting what’s playing on the speakers or draining your battery.

To learn more about how you can listen at home, head over to www.spotify.com/at-home.

Comments
blake
Status changed to: Implemented

It seems very unlikely that they integrate this feature. They don't want to integrate the Chromecast feature for 1.5 years.

timelf123

^^ Seriously. With over 7500 votes too and still no Chromecast support. They are pushing their own Spotify Connect protocol instead. I'm likely leaving for Google Music soon

Those on Android can cast Spotify with https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nop.spoticast

tomstockmail

I'm already on Google Music and I'm happy with it. But I also still pay the intro price for the early adopters.

No Chromecast support is one reason I'm sticking with Google Music, that and the ability to upload my own songs.

jansoren

I hope The Spotify Team re-consider implementing support for Chromecast and consider implementing Google Cast as well.

As of today I have to use Spotify Web Player in Chrome to cast to my TV.

If the issue is that The Spotify Team is not interested in having a Google specific feature in their application, I hope they will consider creating this as a plugin that we can add to Spotify.

GuSo

Here a spotify premium user using conect but i want u work whit the google ecosystem or ill ditch u for a better service that can support it, like rdio or deezer. Please listen your customers first, it bad bussiness push ur closed technology like spotify connect.

thesociallions

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/132331-spotify-won-t-support-google-cast-prefers-to-further-develop-...And our hopes are crushed again. Seriously, Spotify, if you want me to stop using the service, this is how you get me to.

nemof

this is the most dissappointed I've been with Spotify as a company since I joined. Incredibly short-sighted.

Left Spotify Premium today because they refuse to support streaming to Chromecast.

I have had Spotify premium since it became available and have been satisfied with it. No longer.

If Spotify wont move ahead and adapt to current tech, i will... Bye Spotify.

bjorn_vermeulen

It is really anoying that a company like Spotify just ignores its users. 

For those who pay for Spotify,  It is time to stop with paying !

i'm one of the first users when it became available in my country. But now I will leave. years of asking for Chromecast support.

I made a support ticket with the request only answer i got was : we sent it to the deparment they will come back to you ... never heard from them again. 

Sad company if they don't listen to their users. not my company