[Support] Technical support via telephone

it is appalling that spotify does not offer tech support over the phone. This is far more cost effective and efficient than doing it by text or email. I've spent about 12 hours in chat only to be told nothing could be done by chat other than options proposed on website and support pages. Matter was escalated for response and as urgent matter: 44 hours and counting, no response.

Based in extensive experience in the tech support industry, phone support is by far the most cost effective and time efficient means to provide tech support to highest volume. By not having tech support by phone, spotify is draining personnel resources and wasting its customers' money. Given how little spotify pays its artists relative to similar platforms, this makes no sense. 

Further, lack of phone support provides a major accessibility barrier by not allowing those who require verbal services to receive tech support. I've verified with spotify staff and they confirm: they have no intention to service customers with disabilities or barriers to email or chat support by providing an option of phone support.  It is Spotify policy that those with disabilities be provided with inferior service than those without.

I've also verified that chat support is not capable of any solutions or support additional to what's available on the website. And customer service does not respond to escalated tech support cases. Thus it seems our money is being wasted on inadequate resource management.

Almost all of spotifys competitors, big and small, provide phone suppirt. Why won't spotify?

Updated on 2019-05-09

Marked as new idea, which is a repost of this inactive idea.

Comments
Rock Star 22
Rock Star 22
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2019-05-09

Marked as new idea, which is a repost of this inactive idea.