Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Switch off "made for" personalisation

Spotify has become so repetitive. Discovering new music is now a real chore that requires fighting against an algorithm that continually repeats songs I have listened to before - whether I want to hear them anymore or not. Playlists made by Spotify that used to be based on the music, are now all tweaked to reflect my musical history and assumptions of my preferences. Some of my fav playlists now say "Made for" me. I don't want that - I just hear the same old rather than enjoying exploring and listening to new music.

This idea (and variations of it) keeps cropping up in the community and, in fact, in 2021 Spotify said this in response to an Idea on this that received 3000+ votes from dissatisfied users: 

Updated on 2021-06-15

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

To my knowledge, there is no action on this issue. Instead I see many people posting new ideas on this theme about "Pure Shuffle" and removing disliked songs from playlists. 

How many more people need to feel frustrated enough to post here before we get the simply option to switch off the "Made for" personalisation on our playlists?

Comments
barada0

I'm old enough to remember "I want my MTV". Please, please, please, "I want my Spotify back." An option to turn "made for me" off or listen to music like you are not logged in maybe? You are already giving me 6 daily mixes made for me, if I want something made for me I can listen to them. I'm so frustrated, I can just leave the platform and not return till those little surprises I was so fond of return. It is not enough to tap next anymore. Are you trying to go the way ICQ and Altavista went?