The new mobile interface needs some retouching

The new update it's been around for a couple of months and I've had enough time to try it out. Here are my considerations.

The library is messy. Really messy.

I had maybe one hundred playlists and I unliked most of them to see if I could make things work: no way. I unfollowed all the artists, removed the podcasts. It simply doesn't work for me. And I'm sure I'm not the only one.

How can I find what I'm looking for among all that stuff? Sure, there are the filters and I do use them. But then what's the point of having a unified page?

Pinning things surely helps. In fact, I wish this feature was added years ago.

Anyway, I have an idea to make things better.

What if we could pin a category? I find it comfortable to look for songs in albums. Other people might have perfectly organized playlists. Why don't let us see our favorite space as soon as we open the app and go to the library?

Updated on 2021-07-12

Hello and thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

Comments
Alex
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2021-07-12

Hello and thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

erikchimello
Casual Listener

Thanks Alex!

Sammykerr1
Visitor

I’m with you on the new “Your Library” being just too messy! You can filter to just playlists, but I don’t like that it always defaults back to all of the other liked or followed things littering the list. The option to sort things at the top is great, but they should really only be shown separately. I don’t know who would ever prefer the categories all lumped together, but I sure don’t.

erikchimello
Casual Listener
Thanks for your support 🙂