[VEWD] Spotify app on VEWD Smart TV OS (formerly Opera TV)

VEWD (formerly Opera TV) is an alternative operating system for Smart TV's and many manufacturers are now implementing this platform in to their products. I know because my newly purchased Toshiba Smart TV uses it and I learnt because there was no Spotify app on their app store. I would not notice this platform if Spotify app was included in their app store but unfortunately it was not. All major applications such as Netflix, Youtube, Amazon Video exist but no Spotify.

This alternative operating system is being used by reputable brands such as Sony, Vestel, Toshiba, Panasonic, Loewe and many more. And many users are complaining about the lack of Spotify app at local forums. 

This idea was posted here couple of times before but did not supported enough because users were unable to identify the platform. Most of the time users are complaining such as "my Sony TV does not have Spotify" which looks like irrelevant for Toshiba/Panasonic/Vestel user and these users do not support this idea. And eventually posted ideas does not receive enough support. Many posts like this will come in future by saying their newly bought TV does not have Spotify.

Please include VEWD to your supported platforms. We love Spotify and we would like to use it in all our devices.

Thanks.

Updated on 2020-02-10

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found: here

Comments

My previous smart TV which was a Samsung had Spotify included in their Apps but not Deeza, as a thought is there some some financial reward to the manufacturers to include one but not the other..

Casual Listener

Interesting... hope there is no rivalry like that. 

Spotify Legend
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2020-02-10

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found: here