Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Vibe Check! A game for Spotify users

• I made up a fun party game called “vibe check” that I think could be a great feature on Spotify.

My version of the game “vibe check”:

One person picks the vibe - they are called the “vibe checker.” The “vibe” can be anything from “costal grandmother” or “effortlessly cool” or “camping in the mountains.” The other players go into Spotify and play the song they think matches the “vibe.” The “vibes checker” then selects which songs fits the “vibe.” If your song is picked, you get a point. This game can have unlimited players.

How “vibe check” could work for Spotify:

Spotify has the game available in the app. One person starts the game and invites their Spotify friends. Once all the friends have joined, the game starts.

Each person gets a turn as the “vibe checker”. Spotify could have pre-selected “vibes” populate (ex. Mood playlist themes), or the “vibe checker” could input their vibe into the app. Once the “vibe” is selected, it’s pushed to the other players phones.

The other players will have 2 minutes to select any song that they feels fits the vibe. They could search the database and when they find their song, Spotify will have a button available for ‘vibe check’ players to submit the song to the “vibe checker”.

After the two minutes is up, the “ vibe checker” will have as much time as they want review the submission and the select the winner (I am thinking if people are playing in person, they will want to play the songs out loud and socialize about the submissions). The vibe checker will let app know which song matched the vibe. Also, their could be a feature where the “vibe checker”ranks the submissions.

The winner will get a point. Then a new round begins with a new vibe checker. The game could end when everyone has an opportunity to be a “vibe checker” or it can continue as longs as the players want to play.

How does this game benefit Spotify?

1) Spotify could use the data from the game to create better playlists. Essentially,  crowd

sourcing the public to curate playlists.

2) Spotify could create new playlists. If the “vibe checker” is able to input their own vibe, this could provide Spotify with cool new ideas for playlists. Also, new vibes submitted could be added to the database for other ”vibe checkers” to select, which could help build more data on which songs match the vibe.

3) A game on the app will give users an opportunity to engage with their friends. People could do it in person with their friends, or long distance. 

Updated on 2022-08-16

Hey! Looks like your idea is growing up fast and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues being supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
Noah
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2022-08-07

Hey @LaurenBowers,

Thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange!

I’ve marked this as a new suggestion.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More information about how your feedback reaches Spotify can be found here.

Have a nice day 🙂

scarletvvitch

This game is definitely something I'd play with friends! However, I doubt Spotify would implement such an untested, massive project that has no prior data available (such as popularity). Perhaps some community developer could make some sort of game host-site with Spotify integration.

Luan
Status changed to: Good Suggestion

Updated on 2022-08-16

Hey! Looks like your idea is growing up fast and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues being supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

julesfl

I think this would make an awesome website! I'm a web developer, could I borrow this idea for a project?

joni420

Not a good idea waste of resources my opinion. Really not even needed