Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Wear OS] Offline Music on Wear OS devices

Please add offline music support to the wearable without need to be connected to the main phone /tablet.

Eg Bluetooth headphones connected to my smartwatch listening to music while I'm running.

This is now supported by the watch OS http://officialandroid.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/jogging-and-jamming-with-android-wear.html?m=1

Updated on 2021-09-07

Hey everyone,

Thanks for all the support you’ve shown in this idea and for the feedback since the roll-out began.

We’ve thoroughly relayed and discussed it with the Wear OS team and wanted to make a quick update on things you can expect to see first.

Regarding shuffle options, we’re happy to say that this feature is ready and will be gradually rolled out.

Separately, we can also confirm that the app keeps some info stored in order to reduce data usage. This includes previously played and downloaded content, which gets cleared when it hasn’t been played for a while. To offer the same amount of control as on the mobile app we’ll provide an option to manually clear the cache from the Settings menu.

Finally, we hear you on the point that the Spotify interface on your wrist should have the same Your Library as on other devices and have the same playlists available. If you don't see it already, you will soon.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts as we develop the Wear OS experience. We’ll keep you posted on any new updates, as soon as there are any.

Take care! 

Comments
Virtuasonic

I canceld my subscription and using Google Play Music for now. If Spootfiy bring these feature anytime in the future, i will come back.

phreek

+1. Would love to see this!

grate idea

meahtenoha
Status changed to: Not Right Now

2015-02-13

Hey everyone! Thanks for your kudos and comments around this idea. We're marking this as "Not Right Now" today--please continue to leave your feedback here in the Spotify Ideas Board. We're passing on your comments here at Spotify every week and we want to hear from all you. Thanks!

thebeatofphil

Offline music on watch is an important enough feature to force me over to Google Music and I have to imagine that would be the case for many people that own smartwatches.

I prefer Spotify Premium and hope that there's another solution than switching over. 

oregonstatebeav

Time to try Google Music.  

dalidah
Mmm trying Google music too.. This feature is a must
Cootesy

Think I will leave spotify premium given this has been classed as 'not right now'! What is better - GooglePlay or Deezer?

JSmooVE3990
Wear app for spotify plz!
ialeksi

This would be enough to buy an Android Wear smartwatch!