Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Wear OS] Offline Music on Wear OS devices

Please add offline music support to the wearable without need to be connected to the main phone /tablet.

Eg Bluetooth headphones connected to my smartwatch listening to music while I'm running.

This is now supported by the watch OS http://officialandroid.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/jogging-and-jamming-with-android-wear.html?m=1

Updated on 2021-09-07

Hey everyone,

Thanks for all the support you’ve shown in this idea and for the feedback since the roll-out began.

We’ve thoroughly relayed and discussed it with the Wear OS team and wanted to make a quick update on things you can expect to see first.

Regarding shuffle options, we’re happy to say that this feature is ready and will be gradually rolled out.

Separately, we can also confirm that the app keeps some info stored in order to reduce data usage. This includes previously played and downloaded content, which gets cleared when it hasn’t been played for a while. To offer the same amount of control as on the mobile app we’ll provide an option to manually clear the cache from the Settings menu.

Finally, we hear you on the point that the Spotify interface on your wrist should have the same Your Library as on other devices and have the same playlists available. If you don't see it already, you will soon.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts as we develop the Wear OS experience. We’ll keep you posted on any new updates, as soon as there are any.

Take care! 

Comments
ManfredW

This is a must have... whoever decides against this idea in the spotify team does not do any sports. im disappointed but i will definitely find an alternative

8charlie

Uhm... It's called Google Play Music. Lol, I hate to have to say it. But that's just how it is.

..."Not right now"...

mbeck94

I agree, this is a huge need. I have swithched from Spotify Premium to Google Play Music only because of the offline watch support. I prefer Spotify, but this was a deal breaker. 

dwthomps
I actually cancelled my premium membership today because of it. Guess I'm using Google Play Music from now on. What use is offline mode if it isn't being applied to the emerging wearables market.
yumifaeldo
Yes, please @spotify. Just do it please!
r3l4x

That would be an awesome feature, go for it! Smiley Very Happy

gshively

+1.  I will be exploring other streaming services if this isn't supported in the near future.

maximussage1

This is a great Idea, you should do it.

Carebear74

Hi how far is Spotify on makeing a solution for Android Wear, so we can enjoy spotify offline via Android Wear. last post on this was in October 2014. Have spotify any intend to supporting this in any way, or we need to find alternatives.

best regards 

Carebear74

adiehanna

Can we get an update on this? and a reason why it is "Not Right Now". 

As Google play offers this functionality, i finding it harder and harder to stay, if apple watch has anything to do with it, i will cancel straight away, as I will feel like second class customer.