Announcements

[Wear OS] Offline Music on Wear OS devices

Please add offline music support to the wearable without need to be connected to the main phone /tablet.

Eg Bluetooth headphones connected to my smartwatch listening to music while I'm running.

This is now supported by the watch OS http://officialandroid.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/jogging-and-jamming-with-android-wear.html?m=1

Updated on 2020-10-21

Hi again everyone,

We got this one wrong. As you well know, offline playback for Spotify on Wear OS is currently not supported. Sorry about our mistake with the recent update here in Community. 

Your feedback is reaching the teams here at Spotify - and we’re changing this Idea to ‘Under Consideration’. 

Please keep the votes coming and watch this space for further updates.

Comments
Virtuasonic

I canceld my subscription and using Google Play Music for now. If Spootfiy bring these feature anytime in the future, i will come back.

phreek

+1. Would love to see this!

user-removed
Not applicable

grate idea

meahtenoha
Spotify
Spotify
Status changed to: Not Right Now

2015-02-13

Hey everyone! Thanks for your kudos and comments around this idea. We're marking this as "Not Right Now" today--please continue to leave your feedback here in the Spotify Ideas Board. We're passing on your comments here at Spotify every week and we want to hear from all you. Thanks!

thebeatofphil

Offline music on watch is an important enough feature to force me over to Google Music and I have to imagine that would be the case for many people that own smartwatches.

I prefer Spotify Premium and hope that there's another solution than switching over. 

oregonstatebeav

Time to try Google Music.  

dalidah
Mmm trying Google music too.. This feature is a must
Cootesy

Think I will leave spotify premium given this has been classed as 'not right now'! What is better - GooglePlay or Deezer?

JSmooVE3990
Wear app for spotify plz!
ialeksi

This would be enough to buy an Android Wear smartwatch!