Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Wear OS] Offline Music on Wear OS devices

Please add offline music support to the wearable without need to be connected to the main phone /tablet.

Eg Bluetooth headphones connected to my smartwatch listening to music while I'm running.

This is now supported by the watch OS http://officialandroid.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/jogging-and-jamming-with-android-wear.html?m=1

Updated on 2021-09-07

Hey everyone,

Thanks for all the support you’ve shown in this idea and for the feedback since the roll-out began.

We’ve thoroughly relayed and discussed it with the Wear OS team and wanted to make a quick update on things you can expect to see first.

Regarding shuffle options, we’re happy to say that this feature is ready and will be gradually rolled out.

Separately, we can also confirm that the app keeps some info stored in order to reduce data usage. This includes previously played and downloaded content, which gets cleared when it hasn’t been played for a while. To offer the same amount of control as on the mobile app we’ll provide an option to manually clear the cache from the Settings menu.

Finally, we hear you on the point that the Spotify interface on your wrist should have the same Your Library as on other devices and have the same playlists available. If you don't see it already, you will soon.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts as we develop the Wear OS experience. We’ll keep you posted on any new updates, as soon as there are any.

Take care! 

Comments
shaharluftig

Waiting for update!

There are millions of premium user with wear-os watches who are looking forward for this feature! 

lexy

Well it only took 6 years to be a good idea. Would have prefered mandatory after all this time. Probably will be implemented in 4 years time if were lucky, but i am pressing on and looking over the fence at youtube music. they don't have one, but it's rumored to be supported by the end of the year. If is does I might jump ship permanently as their offer and app  is more than satisfing.

denisetang

There is no financial incentive for Spotify to invest resources into this feature, so they will never do it. Find the mod on XDA Developers and do it yourself. 

zahi101

Must have offline support in wear os, considering switching to Google Music.

iniemamocny

WTH Spotify team? 

https://appleinsider.com/articles/20/09/17/spotify-now-testing-direct-apple-watch-streaming-for-sele... 

Not offline playback function, but still, better than nothing, apple watch users will get it. Wear os users won't?!

userxy

This request is 6 years old, anyone reading this should consider another streaming platform if you use your wearable for fitness and would rather not carry a phone. The Spotify team clearly don't care.

Or retweet this so their ineptitude is public https://twitter.com/AubreyChiduku/status/1307051744145408002

arthursigma

This is a mandatory feature for Spotify on Wear OS!

jaamgans

Haven't got a premium account and will not until supported as offline play for wear os. There is nothing stopping them to enable this. 

gustavomateus77

Please release offline music functionality for wear os. I need this function on my TICWATCH S2. I will be the first to launch YTMusic or Spotify.

Edimahler

Would highly suggest to select YTMusic for this. Spotify really gives a SHlT about user wishes about this! They just don't care. It's now more than 6 years that this idea came up, all the other streaming plattforms have it for ages already. The Spotify customer is the least interesting for Spotify itself compared to everything else on earth. That's something you have to learn to live with or you have to change to the competitor...