Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Web Player] Bring back the old Web Player

The minimalism of the web player makes it near unusable (self.spotify)

submitted 2 minutes ago by MovkeyB

Here is a list of basic stuff that got removed:

• See the radio
  • See the queue
  • See the song length
  • see how far in the song you are

Here is stuff that got destroyed in terms of functionality.

• adding a song to a playlist is now a lot more difficult and requires moving a lot more bc it opens up a HUGE window instead of the little menu

• The volume slider is not live, its drag and drop so you can't hear the effect of the volume change in real time

Everything is HUGE and they just seem to love all the dead space and tell me pretty much nothing about whats going on.

It's atrocious. I've used it for about 10 minutes and I already despise it with a burning passion. These things I mentioned are just the ones that are just immediately obvious because I USE THEM FREQUENTLY

Updated on 2019-06-25

Hey folks, 

We're just going through a few older ideas that we haven't updated. 

Most of the functionality listed in the original post exists on the Web Player. The queue can be found in the bottom right corner near the Volume bar and you can find Radio by clicking the three dots next to any song, album or playlist. 

If you have any new ideas you'd like to see on the webplayer, feel to submit them here.

Thanks!

Comments
ianaidragonfly

I want to continue to listen on web player. I do not want to download the app. Now All I get is Connect to a Device. No web player is showing. I cannot play music. Frustrating. HELP

iwasneverreal
For me, I'll be playing a song in an album, and it'll skip. Also,
sometimes it'll stop in the middle of a song and not start, and if I leave
the web player paused too long the buttons all stop working, and I have to
reload the page, which then means I have to start the song(and, often, the
album) over.
tdwpgtp

I'd like to have the old discography organization back. I used to be able to scroll through every song of each album in the order in which they were released (newest to oldest). Now there is not even an option to view all songs, you have to open the album to view its contents. I find this to be exceptionally annoying and a huge step backwards.

RoseBay2018

Now I see that I'm not the onl one frustrated with the new web player interface. FOr a week now I have not found the time to find out why I can't get on thorugh my computer but can on my phone.

Enough already. Now I see there is no phone support or e-mail option to support!

I get a black spotify screen after a pop up window for 1/2 a second when I try and go thorugh the web player.

How the **bleep** do I get on? I even redownloaded. I've been on this now for 1/2 hour and I have better thngs to do. Please help.

ithinkididthisw

Thanks for bringing Add to Queue back to web player!

notanewbie

Still can't reorder playlists or add playlist art though...

kllys

The new web player is unusable. I want the track list view for each artist. I shouldn't have to go album by album. I cannot install the application on my work computer because I don't have administrator access. Due to the unusability of the web player I will not longer be using Spotify. Amazon Music is much easier to navigate.

cmnbob

Now the web player is officialy dead! Not only that spotify is using an old technology which is not supported anymore by google chrome, they also seem to track everything. I would like to know if I am paying a premium service, why spotify still has trackers for facebook and tapad. 2019-05-23_15-02-30.png

collegeradioman
Cuz it's all about the bottom line. In fact I would recommend listening to
an artist John Gorka and his song Land of the Bottom Line. Spotify is all
about tracking and algorithms and ka-ching. Too early in the morn to start
imbibing 😵

I want this idea.