Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Web Player] Bring back the old Web Player

The minimalism of the web player makes it near unusable (self.spotify)

submitted 2 minutes ago by MovkeyB

Here is a list of basic stuff that got removed:

• See the radio
  • See the queue
  • See the song length
  • see how far in the song you are

Here is stuff that got destroyed in terms of functionality.

• adding a song to a playlist is now a lot more difficult and requires moving a lot more bc it opens up a HUGE window instead of the little menu

• The volume slider is not live, its drag and drop so you can't hear the effect of the volume change in real time

Everything is HUGE and they just seem to love all the dead space and tell me pretty much nothing about whats going on.

It's atrocious. I've used it for about 10 minutes and I already despise it with a burning passion. These things I mentioned are just the ones that are just immediately obvious because I USE THEM FREQUENTLY

Updated on 2019-06-25

Hey folks, 

We're just going through a few older ideas that we haven't updated. 

Most of the functionality listed in the original post exists on the Web Player. The queue can be found in the bottom right corner near the Volume bar and you can find Radio by clicking the three dots next to any song, album or playlist. 

If you have any new ideas you'd like to see on the webplayer, feel to submit them here.

Thanks!

Comments
paid_for_featur

spoofing your user agent to IE10 will let you still get the old web client.

agreed that the new client is terrible. Definitely not renewing premium

BLiNNeMaNS

also did this reply in another topic, but fitting here as well:
i really don't get it. Beside the fact they have apps for all mobile devices, they still use a "mobile 1st" layout. 
what's worse is the fact it seems to be "mobile only" now, resulting in a really bad user experience. 

On small devices the font size may be great, but sitting an arm length away from a 27"+ screen this is ridiculous.
Album preview images in collections are as big as the size of a normal youtube window (for reference)
i think my grandparents would be really happy with the new design, i however am not.

DLCase

I hate the new update. The way is was, was almost perfect. I would have liked to see it have the option to play oldest 1st. Now I don't even see I can play all albums except choosing 1 at a time or let it go randomly. Please go back to the way it was.

throwaway1710

Not every new update must sacrifice functionality for the sake of minimalism. The old web player, although it had its flaws, was visually perfect in communicating where everything was and what you could do with the page. I would rather Spotify focus on updating and fixing the internal problems of its software before trying to aesthetically modify the interface. There are many features that are lacking, as mentioned in the post, and I would like to see the old web player back. I understand the company's decision to perhaps "get with the times", but I cannot accept this change to what was once working in the past.

Arnold_Saputra

I'm completely agreed, below this are an basic information that I needed too...

Here is a list of basic stuff that got removed:

• See the radio
  • See the queue
  • See the song length
  • see how far in the song you are
nsfrank

Terrible design. Only terrible, because it is not Design.

Professor_MC

The new web player does not even list the artists and album in the "Songs" section of "My Music".  It only lists song titles.  A list of 3000 song titles with no artist name is useless. 

I HATE this new layout!!

Where is the Sort by Recently Added selection in Your Music? This is what I use all the time. How could you take it away.

In fact, how could you change something that was working okay for this totally hopeless design. I know it's trendy to make minimalist designs with lots of white space, but you have taken a working design and taken away so much for what benefit?

madili

I definitely go along with all of you guys,

at first it was only the list view on the artists' page that I missed badly.

But I just added the 'search' to my list of horrors. It seems as when I search for a title they don't even display the artist anymore. WHYYYY? so that I have to click every single song to find the right artist? It's getting worse with every feature I discover or better say discover missing 😞

R-kaart

Completely agree to all of the above. Please at least give the option to move back to the old version (without changing browser, obviously) until you add all lost functionality to the new version.