Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Web Player] Bring back the old Web Player

The minimalism of the web player makes it near unusable (self.spotify)

submitted 2 minutes ago by MovkeyB

Here is a list of basic stuff that got removed:

• See the radio
  • See the queue
  • See the song length
  • see how far in the song you are

Here is stuff that got destroyed in terms of functionality.

• adding a song to a playlist is now a lot more difficult and requires moving a lot more bc it opens up a HUGE window instead of the little menu

• The volume slider is not live, its drag and drop so you can't hear the effect of the volume change in real time

Everything is HUGE and they just seem to love all the dead space and tell me pretty much nothing about whats going on.

It's atrocious. I've used it for about 10 minutes and I already despise it with a burning passion. These things I mentioned are just the ones that are just immediately obvious because I USE THEM FREQUENTLY

Updated on 2019-06-25

Hey folks, 

We're just going through a few older ideas that we haven't updated. 

Most of the functionality listed in the original post exists on the Web Player. The queue can be found in the bottom right corner near the Volume bar and you can find Radio by clicking the three dots next to any song, album or playlist. 

If you have any new ideas you'd like to see on the webplayer, feel to submit them here.

Thanks!

Comments
grooney31

Hi! 

I love using my Chromebook, but since there is currently no app available, I've had to use the web player. It is extremely glitchy and slow. It is not user friendly and makes finding artists and creating playlists very difficult. For me, paying for premium does not seem to be worth it if I have to use the web player. A Spotify app for Chromebook (or improvements to the web player) would be hugely appreciated.

collegeradioman
hi grooney,

your concerns have been noted by many since I first posted my complaint
about the web-less player. there seem to also have been a few hired shills
touting the new player to dampen the level of frustration.

the sad fact is that nobody listens to this forum who is in charge. it is
mainly a bitching outlet.

you will be happier using another service. with the largest paid user base
at 50 million, spotify doesn't really care about you or me. similar to ebay
aka evilbay that coddles the buyers and whips the flesh off the back of
buyers.

so welcome to the new age of technology where humans are incidental
annoyances to the master algorithm.
nurbas

Yes, I am agree.... I am looking many times and I cant see any progress about web player old version. Spotify doesn't really care about us, this is very sad and inexplicable.

I am not happy with new version, like as many people. Please give an attention!!

Ib99

Yea it's awful, I feel like the Spotify designers have forgotten how to use PCs, or really want to force us to use their app.
At the moment I only use Spotify in internet explorer to avoid the new UI, for some reason it still runs with the old version, which is a relief. 
If they ever migrate that atrocity of a UI to Explorer, I will probably stop using Spotify and go back to using Youtube as well as storing more music on my PC.

alic3woodstock

"improved performance"? Are you kidding me? The performance is worse than ever. Gladly I can use the desktop version on linux, but the web player refuse even to play any music on a slow connection. The old one was much faster and reliable.

Narfe

All the settings for the web player have been removed as far as I could see. I want to change so that Spotify links open in the desktop application.

Another thing that I have noticed is the reduced quality of the music in the new player. This makes the use of the web player sub-optimal.

DuckWillis

Yeah it was recently changed so that when I go to my artists it just showes a list of their songs. It used to be their albums you had saved would appear. That was much better and I want that back. (I could not find a seting to change it)

saraasa

Looks like the Chrome UA Spoofer workaround finally stopped working today. Anyone have any other solutions to keep using the old web player?

feelgoodfrank

Yup the Spoofer is dead! I am pissed. I'm literally tweeting at Spotify employees. Do they not hear us or do they not care? 

saraasa

I'm thinking it's the latter unfortunately.