Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Web Player] Bring back the queue!!!

The web browser just updated and I can no longer see my queue of songs nor add songs to the queue. 

This feature is an absolute must at work, why did you take it away? 

Unhappy at the moment and will gladly cancel my subscription if this feature is gone for good. 

Updated on 2018-01-30

Hey everyone, this has now been implemented! You should now be able to find your Play Queue when using the Spotify Web Player. Thanks for your feedback here.

Comments
pete12345

This is plain bs and ridiculous. just cut off all elemental functions or dont even imply them like the bookmark function even if people are begging for it. If i want to change songs every other minute oder create playlists which also takes time i can go back to the 90ies and use an old cd changer oder make mixtape.
i cant use the software at work and the web player is all there is. im not going to bring a bluetooth speaker with me so i can use spotify connect with it while having a good functioning computer in front of me.
you wont keep an eye on this. its the same pr bs you wrote a couple of years back on the thread where people were begging for bookmarks. nothing has changed within the duration of more than 4 years. sorry, but who is gonna take you serious?
is there any other way to bring in feedback besides, mailing, posting on your forum (which has a bookmark function btw lol) or writing on facebook? i canceled my premium a while ago since almost every later change was worse imo and stuff, me and other people were asking for never got even closely considered or discussed with your paying customers. i may be a negative person, but i dont see any advantage of spotify towards their competition as of now. 

HenrikStevn

"While we don't have plans to bring back the play queue at this moment"

Why not? And give us a proper, actual reason instead of the usual corporate nonsense-speak. Just tell us why, what is the reason for not implementing the queue again?

We're adults, we can handle the truth of why this decision was taken, because I assume it wasn't taken lightly.

pete12345

they will copy paste this corporate nonse like they did with other features already: 

"We want to give you a bit more insight behind this decision. First, this feature had very low usage, and it took a lot of our resources to maintain.

Secondly, the teams behind playlists are looking at new ways to make them easier for you to manage. When we have more info around this we will definitely share it here in the Community. "

CKG

I don't understand the purpose of removing this feature unless it is for technical reasons, in which case, they should explain why. As this is a core feature of any music player.

For many, the web player is there for when you can't use the main client (e.g. At work or using a non-personal computer). Specifically, you set it and leave it to play what you want as you want. Not to keep having to come back to change each time you want to play a different song that is not in the playlist or even in the same playlist. The control sync with the app is great, don't get me wrong, and I know you can queue from there but for many, the whole point is, if I have to set it from my phone then I may as well play it from there too. As I said, this is not appropriate at work or even studying, when the phone is a distraction. 

I feel there is a clear disconnect between what Spotify envisage the purpose of the web player to be and the actual usage of its users. I would find it hard to believe this was an under-utilised feature and I noticed you can't search in playlists either. It's a nice design but not at the expense of being feature bare. The old design still appears on the Mac in Safari for me but it's a bit slow.

HenrikStevn

If they try to pull the "well, the feature wasn't very widely used" for friggin' queues, the corporate doublespeak will have reached new heights. It is literally the most used function in Spotify.

Spotify was founded by people who weren't the usual corporate droids. Come on Spotify people, give us a straight answer. I know you want to.

MichRichGreene

I will start to use another music service if the queue is not brought back soon.

It is essential and what sets Spotify aside from other services.

heatherjacobs10

As others have stated, this makes Spotify basically useless to anyone who cannot download the desktop app (shared computers such as those at a library or university, at a job, etc.), and will likely push those consumers to competitors such as Google Play which still allows queueing on their web player.  An essential function has been taken away, and the only purpose seems to be to force people to download the desktop app in order to access all Spotify features, even if they are premium users. Forcing consumers to make different playlists instead of just queueing songs has not improved the user experience for anyone who uses the web player, and indeed makes the entire experience less pleasant and more disorganized. 

Note: If I'm listening on the web player, I can still queue things from my phone to be played on the web player, I just can't do it from the web player itself. So it's not as if the queue doesn't exist, it's just inacessible from the web player. 

scoobydom

Would really like you to bring back the queue on web player! thanks!

vronduncan

COME ON! You are going to lose customers if you don't add this back soon. It is so irritating to not be able to queue songs in the browser version. As many people have noted, most companies don't allow people to download apps onto work computers so we have to use web browers. BRING IT BACK!

SpotifyUser53

How are we being told: "...we don't have plans to bring back the play queue at this moment..."!!!! The community has spoken in the votes on this thread, in the comments on this thread, and in the 64 pages of complaints here.

We want features, not just a "new design". It amazes me that Spotify is unable to listen to the community. As many people have said, I use the web player at work and the new web player is not optimal for the work setting at all. We need to be able to queue and can't do it on our linked phones.

I'm starting my free Google Play trial so that gives Spotify 3 months to get their act together.