Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Web Player] Bring back the queue!!!

The web browser just updated and I can no longer see my queue of songs nor add songs to the queue. 

This feature is an absolute must at work, why did you take it away? 

Unhappy at the moment and will gladly cancel my subscription if this feature is gone for good. 

Updated on 2018-01-30

Hey everyone, this has now been implemented! You should now be able to find your Play Queue when using the Spotify Web Player. Thanks for your feedback here.

Comments

I love how the "hot ideas" are mostly outright rejected by Spotify for no reason. This whole "Live ideas" thing is just a theatre to show they care about users and respects our opinions but they absolutely do not and walk all over paying consumers.

kipperlayton

Any reason to take the queue away? 

Why would anyone not want to have a queue? Why would anyone make a player without a queue? Dj'ing, even for yourself, wanting to hear a new, suggested artist, without having to wait until after the end what you are listening to - say an album or artist. 

Dj'ing for friends, a party, a small gathering, even for yourself.

Not having a queue is a good reason to stop using a player.

Spotify's UX decisions continue to confound me. 

mikeb47

This is another case of removing a useful part of the user interface for no readily apparant reason (see also resize columns in desktop app, search for own playlists, and I suspect a good many others which annoy others). I've been a subscriber for nearly 5 years and loathe to move to a tax dodging competitor but I might finally go for useability over sentimentality...

jasminecriss00

Bring back the queue. Just adding to the collective murmur of frustration....

RedRadagast

Wait, what? You don't have plans to bring back the queue? Are you living under a rock, or just surrounded by designers patting each other on the back for the snazzy new look?

Functionality over form. You can have the prettiest looking app in the world, but if you don't give people what they want, they'll go elsewhere. Stop swimming in the sea of confirmation bias and start listening to your users (while you still have them).

drstraus

With the old layout, it was possible to drag & drop songs to existing playlists, which is more convinient that the contextual menu and 3 clicks for each song. This feature doesn't existe anymore.

Tupster24

Why should we all have to download and open a desktop client and use spotify connect just so we can edit the queue? Also what about people who use chromebooks or other OS's that don't have a desktop client?

macobb

This is a terrible change, and makes the web player very, very user-unfriendly. If you the experience your customers have with your website, please fix this issue. Asthetics should not be more important than ease of use. 

luseemexplore

agreed. i use the webplayer at work and not only can i not queue but i can't sort or anything. these are a must and i'm considering canceling my subscription because of it. 

darknot95

Leaving Spotify now. The old web player with queue was available on Internet Explorer until today and the new one still doesn't have the queue and is so unfriendly and ugly.
I can't understand the reason why you remove it. One of the first rule as a developer is to never remove a feature and that's exactly what you did when removing the queue. New customers won't see the differences but in my case I was a premium member since 2 years and now even the phone apps are awful (iOS AND Android), you can't find anything easily, when searching for a song instead of playing the album it comes from, like before, you play all the other songs with the same titles, not the same genre nor artist, useless. I didn't unsubscribe before this because I was too lazy to transfer all my playlists but that's enough.
I hope others will do the same so you will open your eyes on how your web player and app updates suck.