Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Web Player][Playlists] Select Multiple Songs at once

Reinstate the Ctrl+A shortcut key function of "selecting all the songs in a playlist" on the Spotify Web Player. Ctrl+A works on the Spotify Desktop App, why not on Spotify's website player.

The Spotify Web Player used to have the Ctrl+A function a couple of years ago, but it was removed without any clear indicators on why.

I would like to see the CTRL+A shortcut key function be brought back for all Spotify users that are using the Spotify Web Player. 

Updated on 2023-04-11

Hey!
We've been keeping an eye on this submission for an extended period of time, and it doesn't seem this will reach the votes necessary to put it forward for prioritization.
As such, we're marking this case as closed. This includes any similar suggestions that are received.

If we have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back here with a new status. Have in mind that the idea will continue open for getting votes, so if you still feel strongly about it, continue sharing it with more users.

More information about it can be found here.

Thanks for your comprehension!

Comments
isaac7207

I'm operating specifically and exclusively off of Chrome, and have a very difficult time organizing playlists, as you are not allowing to select more than one song at a time (and thus cannot, say, delete five songs at once). In fact, as far as I know, you cannot even click and drag any songs within the brower-based player. 

As of now, I use friends' computers to organize playlists, but this is an extreme hassle. Are there any plans to update the browser capabilities anytime soon?

As a side note, I miss having friend feed as well.

Marco
Status changed to: Up for Votes
Updated: 2017-01-06

Marked as new idea and edited the title slightly to make it easier to find via search. 😉

naykrock

Yes! Is this been fixed yet?

Edelli

+1  

I'm in the same situation!!! (And also miss the friend feed...)

+1 This is a necessity for me. Currently a premium user and making playlists is really difficult

kristenboney

Also having this problem, I only have a chromebook at home.

Marco
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated on 2017-12-20

UPDATE: This idea has been reposted here.

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

judymasonm

Let me select multiple songs in my library and add them to a plyalist with a single click, instead of right-0clicking each song individually, then choosing add it to a playlist, then choosing which playlist. The multiple selection could be done similar to Windows Explorer where you use Ctrl-click or Shift-click to select multiples.

Marco
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2019-04-30

Marked as new idea.

dklsierisasdfas

I tried this and it didn't work. I hold down the control key and each time I click on another track the system de-selects the first track and just moves to the current one. Shift key same thing - does not work. Other options?